New SBT 787 engine...leaking Raves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SBT 787 engine...leaking Raves

Hi All, as the post states, my Rave valves are leaking on a brand new SBT 787. I finally got this machine running flawlessly (save for raves) yesterday. I am running oil injection as well as SBT break in oil, and finished one tank of gas yesterday. As per the pics, the raves are leaking and exhibit a oily residue on the rave bellows. Any help in understanding this phenomenon would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: New SBT 787 engine...leaking Raves

Are the bellows screwed all the way down on the piston of the rave? Were new gaskets installed?

I would pull the bellows off and make sure the lower spring is still in tact and has not slipped.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

The black goop is unburned fuel. My new 787 engine did that too for awhile. It seemed to get better after break-in. Dan gave good suggestions. Assuming the bellows are good (you have the green ones I hope), also check the rubber o-rings on the Rave shaft. They should be pliable, and I would replace them if they haven't been changed in awhile. Make sure plugs are relatively fresh and if you are running oil injection, double-check oil pump adjustment. Also less likely, it is possible your carb could be in need of a rebuild (primarily needle and seat) or simple adjustment if it is running too rich.

Comment

When you bought the SBT engine, the valves should have been on the engine, if so, contact them before you start taking things apart, you do not want your warranty to be void, they might tell you to take them from the engine and send them to them. Have SBT tell you what to do.
        Rave valves should not be leaking, also not during break in.

Comment

Skisol I agree...I do not want to void any warranty. OK SBT what should I do?

Comment

Send Me an email and we can go over some options. Tom. tom@sbtontheweb.com
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have emailed you twice.....and received no response. Perhaps my emails are not making it through? Please respond to this message.

Thank you.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I would not e-mail them, call them and get it worked out by phone.

Comment

Tom,

My emails appear not to be getting through. Please respond to this message.

Comment

Hello,

Would anybody from SBT please give me some direction on what to do with this month old engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippy
                        Hello,

Would anybody from SBT please give me some direction on what to do with this month old engine?
                        YOU SHOULD CALL SBT AND IT WILL BE SOLVED IN NO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sent an email today to SBT regarding the latest leaking raves. Phoned a few weeks ago, and shortened the bellows springs as per SBT tech. Made things worse!! Still after 3 PM's have I have never had any response from Tom. I hope I'm the minority in falling through the cracks of service challenges.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tippy View Post
                            sent An Email Today To Sbt ... Still After 3 Pm's Have I Have Never Had Any Response From Tom. I Hope I'm The Minority In Falling Through The Cracks Of Service Challenges.
                            You Should Call Sbt And It Will Be Solved In No Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            John Kubiak
                            Powersports Technical Training Professional
                            Las Vegas, Nevada
                            Sea-Doo Tech 13736
                            PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
                            PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
                            NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
                            Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Tippy, as per our conversation on Monday, I had not received any emails directly to my address, we are sending to you two complete sets of rave valves to solve your issue. We have experienced some delays on response to our web site due to up dating our server, sorry for any inconvenience. Tom SBT tech. In the future if you don’t receive on line info fast enough, then please call us on our toll free line and ask for the tech department.
                              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X