Wear Ring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear Ring Question

I have a 98 GTS that had the wear ring come apart on it. I bought a 78-101-02 wear ring and the impeller removal tool. I read so many articles on how to do it but I found a few things that I was not sure of. I bought this wear ring from SBT and I hope I got the right one. Also I don't see much mention of all the RTV sealant around the water pickup tube through hull fitting or the auto bailers. Looks like the rtv is what keeps water from coming in around those fittings. What kind do I get. Also, it looks like rtv was the only sealant between the pump surface to the ride plate. No o-ring as some have mentioned. Should there be an o-ring. Also, I could not find any mention of what way the wear ring goes in. I assume the flat surface goes into the pump. One last question, one of the vanes on the pump itself has about a dime size piece missing from it. Can I just file it down and go with it. Any ideas asap. I have it all apart right now Thanks,

Joe

Re: Wear Ring Question

Joe, black RVT will work fine, (Auotzone) dont know what o-rings you are taking about, If the wear ring has a rounded edge it goes facing the the back of the ski, not the inside of the pump. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X