Oil Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection

Recently purchased a used '99 GP800 with 120 hours. There was oil in the hull and previous owner explained that he had overfilled oil reservoir. Cleaned oil and there appeared next morning more oil in the bottom of hull. Service center found no apparent oil leak, suggested that the cap may be the source of the leak - it has no gasket.

It was suggested (by a "shade-tree" mechanic) that we remove oil injector and mix oil directly into gas. Do you have a recommendation one way or the other - leave alone or remove? Anything else that should be checked?

Re: Oil Injection

Remove your oil injection and premix. That will all so give you pleace of mind knowing are getting your oil. I think 50:1 but mite need to be 40:1.
    JB

Comment

Some may disagree with me, but premix is the way to go. Once less mechanical failure (oil pump going out) that you have to worry about.
      Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

Not that I want to go agaisnt the grain as my own ski's are pre mix.
        Check the small diameter hoses, two one for each carb. About mid point from pump and carbs there should be a little pastic drum looking thing (Check valve) see if its connected correctly. Another place is right were the hose goes into the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanGPR
          Some may disagree with me, but premix is the way to go. Once less mechanical failure (oil pump going out) that you have to worry about.
          i totally agree. its something else you dont have to worry about failing

Comment

Working...
          X