95 Waverunner won't accelerate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Waverunner won't accelerate

Just bought used with 701cc. Starts great and idles ok. Will only accelerate a small amount. Sprayed carb cleaner, drained old fuel, replaced filter and added Sea Foam. Ran good including full throttle. The next weekend though it did the same old thing. So I took carb off to get cleaned and rebuilt. Will reinstall next weekend. Hoping old fuel just gummed up the carb jets.

Was reading about overheating in that this model will limit rpms if it senses overheating. If problem persist could it be related to temp sensor or overheating issue due to blockage. Haven't tried flushing it. I have used only in freshwater but don't know history of this pwc (salt water usage).

Suggestion?

Re: 95 Waverunner won't accelerate

You need to rebuild your carbs, most likely it is your diaphram old and loose not allowing fuel in during high demand (full throtle). since it is a 95 it should be a 62T with twin carbs. Before you take everything apart, do yourself a favor. On the high side (screw on other side of throtle mark with H) screw it in and count number of truns and write it down, for front and rear carb. Then locate the low side, next to throtle marked with L ) and do like wise for each one. Having the turn will help you once your done rebuillding them.

Comment

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I am new to owning a ski. I have already pulled it off and taken it to a shop for rebuild. Didn't find this site until after that and could have rebuilt it myself knowing what I know now. I hope they can reset screws to factory setting since they are a Yamaha dealership. I found the factory settings on this site last night.

It only has carb though not twin. Thank goodness. Thanks again for your reply.

Comment

No problem we all walked before we ran. I was as you and today i have a shop, good luck hope they dont chrage you to much.

Comment

My '91 waverunner was doing the same thing, this weekend I noticed fuel leaking from the bottom of the diaphram. I have order the rebuild kit. How many turns out is the "factory" setting for the H & L adjustments.

Comment

Whay size engine is it, but better yet on the neck of the carb there will be a number give me that and I can tell you the OEM settings.

Comment

I found them posted here http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13981

Comment

WOW thats awsome! I just saved that data to my hard drive.

Comment

Glad that I could help.

Comment

I just put the carb back on my Ski after rebuilding it. After I got the fuel through the lines she fired right up. I'll find out this weekend if that was the "no power" problem. Now I have to do the same thing to my Sea Doo, that looks like a much more time consuming deal.

Comment

Good luck. I hope mine fires up that easily.

Comment

Sweet success. Apparently prior owner never heard of Sta-build. Cleaned carb and reinstalled Saturday, high speed jet was clogged. Fired right up and hauled the mail. Ran great. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

ddeason007 glad the rebuild fixed you up. mine is running great as well, just have to do some tweakin to get it rite. It sometimes misses off idle but it may be caused by no carb cover and the hood seal is old. A little water dribble will mess up the fuel mixture.

Comment

Working...
                          X