carb not getting fuel even after rebuild fuel pump - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb not getting fuel even after rebuild fuel pump - please help

I have a 1992 Yamaha 650 Waverunner III. The carburetor was not getting fuel so I rebuilt the fuel pump on it. I also made sure that the line from the gas tank to the carb was cleared and put in new fuel filter.

The engine is still not getting fuel. I hooked up a funnel to the gas line to the carburetor and secured it higher than the carb and let the gas feed by gravity. It started right up. And trottle works fine. I am leaving some gas in the funnel and line over night, hoping it will act like a primer to get things working, but somehow I dont think it is supposed to be required after rebuilding the fuel pump.

Does anyone know of any other reasons that would prevent the carb from getting the fuel if after I hook the hose back up to the gas tank? I may have to take the carb off again and see if I installed any diaphrams wrong, but it was so simple I dont see how I could of made a mistake and parts seemed identical to the original that I removed.

Also, does anyone know what kind of two cycle oil that Yamaha recommends. Both my 1992 and 1994 jetskis are new to me and they have blue colored oil in their oil tanks. They are getting low and I dont want to mix differnet kinds.

Sure would like to test them out this weekend.

Thanks
    MR

Re: carb not getting fuel even after rebuild fuel pump - please help

If it's blue oil, you probably have Yamalube 2-W..

There might be something wrong with the carb, not just the fuel pump..
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by mroman59 View Post
      I dont see how I could of made a mistake and parts seemed identical to the original that I removed.
      You did say that the ski is new to you, can it be that it all was wrong together to begin with?

Comment

Its easy to install the diaphram wrong, the meatl disk, looks like quarter must make contact with spring arm. The small metal piece must be facing you when you put cover on.

Comment

Working...
        X