weak 1200 with turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak 1200 with turbo

when I first get on the throttle it has lots of power, but after I plane for a min and let off the throttle and go to give it more throttle I dont have the power that I should, almost seems like the turbo is not boosting, I am a skilled tech and I have had it at the dealer and they could not fix it. I have checked everything elec. and all the wires for any opens or shorts, all the sensores, and its not throwing any codes. I have checked timming, fuel pressure and its good. Let me know if anyone has come across this engine has perfect compression and runs and revs off sore perfect.

Re: weak 1200 with turbo

Maybe the rider is too heavy. Try losing some weight. ;)
    1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
    London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

are you sayin that I am fat? What are you getting at? maybe we should take this one outside?

Comment

I figured the techs on this board could help you with your problem....I am surprised that they haven't commented yet, or suggested to try anything.
        London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Sounds like your waste gate is sticking open, If you send me your fax number I can give you info on checking the components. It could be the waste gate solinode or the actuator. tom@sbtontheweb.com Pay no attention to Craigs post as you can see in his picture his engine is still in pieces on his work bench and he's not there. We try to keep up with every ones questions, But this is the busy season. sorry. Tom.
          Last edited by Technical Support; 07-03-2008, 10:30 AM.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Tom, I emailed you.

Alex, I gave Tom KL's fax number.

Also Alex..didn't Leo from Oxford say something like this also????
            London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

leo did say somthing about this, this weekend im taking it to the lake and going to focus on the waste gate and waste gate solenoid, control circuit.

Comment

Guys, Info is on its way. Good luck, tell us what you find.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks for now

Comment

I switch out the turbo, map senores, tps, ECT, knock, IAC, air intake temp, mst, sensores all from another honda auquatrax that is running good, and It runs good when I first get on it and then looses power again, and the turbo lag is alot long then the other machien, but if I shut it off on the lake and wait 2 min and fire it up again it goes good again for a longer period of time, then eventually goes good again.

Comment

I ended up finding rust on the PCM to wire harness connector, I cleaned it up really good and inspected every one of the wires individually. Took it out on the lake and runs like new. It's a really silly thing to over look; you have to always make sure the connections are good. Happy sailing boys! :)

Comment

Working...
                      X