Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I re-build my entire Supercharger?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I re-build my entire Supercharger?

This is a common question. Rebuild all or just swap some parts.
    One of the reasons we recommend you change all of the parts is that the bearings that are used for the shaft to spin on can break apart and cause serious engine damage. Believe it or not the factory bearings spin at a much higher rate than what they are rated for, so you take a chance by rebuilding and not using new bearings. Your supercharger spins at 45000 rpms these bearings will cause serious damage if they come apart at that speed. Sea-Doo now, for 08 says that you must rebuild your supercharger every 100 hrs of use to ensure that there will not be any failures. If your 08 ski is under w/a and you continue riding past the 100 hour mark, (this is counted by your on board computer) as you pass 5 hrs past this, Sea-Doo will have the right to void your w/a. Don’t take any costly chances and just consider that part of the 100 hr service should include supercharger rebuilding. SBT realizes that bringing your ski to the dealership for this repair is costly so we have come up with an inexpensive way for the customer to learn how to properly rebuild their own components. We offer the rebuild kit/ the tools and the online info to do it you’re self. If that is not enough info then we also can talk you through it by way of Free Tech support. From your SBT tech team, Tom and Bill.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Re: Should I re-build my entire Supercharger?

So if you do the rebuild with the rebuild kit and the instructions that you sugest yourself and something out of that rebuild kit failes which causes major engine damage than Sea Doo (BRP) covers it if the ski is under warranty?

Straight question is? Maintaining your super charger with non OEM parts and doing it yourself will not void your warranty?
    ________
    Vapir No2 Vaporizer
    Last edited by Technical Support; 03-08-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

No, if a certified sea-doo dealer installs the rebuild kit while the ski is under factory w/a at or before the 100 hr mark and some thing fails after that and is related to the supercharger then sea-doo would w/a it. This is how the tech up-date appears to read, Providing you change your supercharger kit after every 100 hrs of use while the machine is under w/a. This has nothing to do with the customer doing his or her own repair to a machine that is under w/a or using any aftermarket parts, This could void the w/a. This is based on taking the machine to a certified dealer to perform the repair while the machine is under w/a, Using sea-doo o.e. parts. Our kit is for the people who have machines out of w/a and are looking to do the rebuild them selves. Tom SBT tech.
      ________
      PORTABLE VAPORIZER REVIEWS
      Last edited by Technical Support; 03-08-2011, 08:47 AM.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Should I re build my entire Supercharger

Originally posted by accuccub73
        rubis got it right.
        If you take the pipes off the sled and switch back to stock exhaust, you should change back to the stock jetting. That will solve alot of your problems.
        huh????
        ________
        Drug Test
        Last edited by Technical Support; 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM.
        Red 03 GTX SC and Yellow 03 GTX SC

Comment

Re: Should I re build my entire Supercharger

one thing for sure , EVERY Super charger I have pulled had very noisy bearings. many people complain they have to pay for rebuilds but that is the price to own a high performance machine. they do make a non supercharged model . these engines are turning 8k most of there life not even nascar engines that cost 100k last as long or size for size put out the HP as a seadoo engine. speed cost money how fast do you want to spend it LOL

Comment

rebuild sc ever 100 hours or 2 years the entire thing except of course the turbine blades and housing . Always polish up the front real good and clean the entire housing assembly and carefully clean the blades. No one should be replacing a set of worn parts on the shaft with new and keep the rest unless for some odd reason maybe upgrading parts early in the rebuild .. if mods/special aftermarket parts are wanted do it during rebuild .

i say stick with 100 hours ever 2 years or every 80 hours if within 3 years. some people don't ride many hours a year believe it or not but it`s playing with fire when your at the 2 year mark so I don't recommend anything other than 100 hours 2 years. even the so called 200hr factory kit should be done ever 2 years 100 hours which ever comes first. this is my opinion.I see superchargers fail way before 100 hours I see them last 200-300 hours I see them fail before 2 years I seen them last 10 years. I have seem many failed bearings and destroyed housings and blade wheels that's why you want to rebuild ever 100 hours or 2 years to be safe.

Don't wait for performance issues and loss of speed its not the slipping or spring washers that scare me its when bearings fai and everything gets destroyed and shot into the intake or moter or both. AND OF COURSE CERAMIC WASHERS ON OLD NEVER REBUILT MACHINES. I use all sbt kits unless a customer wants a complete oem which can also be order thru sbt. as long as you get the rebuild done ever 100 hours and or 2 years which ever comes first i have no problems with the any of the kits.

a++++ for sbt tect to take action and beef up the sc tool kit i recently order one and the key holder/retainer/wrench is much better quality and the base base plate thanks!!!! Now i request that the supercharger clamp be a better quality i use turbo clamps because i have had to many issues with hose slipage or clamp breaking. its so thin and could be much thicker built better not wider. i wish the turbo clamps wher not so wide. tip. after striping all the needle pins off the holder paper clean them indivisible real good in a lent free environment. use iso flex grease supplied with kit if and keep pins in groups of 5 to keep track of count and placement its really hard to count 40 pins when installed.. doing oem kit you must buy iso flex separately.
            Last edited by jetskiga@gmail.com; 04-23-2018, 08:50 PM.
            5 year Full Time PWC only Head Mechanic for Central Georgia Power Sports in Macon Georgia .
            Here to Help and Learn PM on the forum for any help. VIST https://www.cgapowersports.com

Comment

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.

Comment

Working...
              X