Yamaha xl800 will not plain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha xl800 will not plain

I have a 2001 xl800 Yamaha. The other day I was at the lake I could not get the ski to plain out. So I went back to the dock and pull the sets off and found the boat to have a bunch of water in it. So I check the plugs they both were in and tight. There was no water in the ski before I put it in the water. So I pulled the ski out of the water let it drain out. Check plugs again, put boat back in water to see what happens. Ski ran good at first then I would not get on plain again. Back at dock found water in it again. Does anyone have an ideal what is going on with my boat.

Re: Yamaha xl800 will not plain

Is water leaking in around the drive shaft? and does it leak if the boat is not running? You might need to replace the drive shaft seal.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If it is leaking when the boat is not running, is it the same seal or is it something different.

Comment

Drive your boat to the ramp and back it up. Make sure that intake is under water. OK now removed seat, start engine, bring engine to 3K and check for leaks inside of hull.
        Make sure you check it good as there are small hoses around the U shape of the exhust.
        If you can find any them take it back home.
        Set boat and trailer at a high nose atitude, blocks etc to keep nose high. PLEASE use commom sense, installed plugs, fill hull with water, DO NOT FILL to the point where water enters carbs!
        Fill to point where PTO housing is fully under water. OK know look outside the hull for any leaks.
        What you are doing is separating the leak into areas, first is the cooling system of the engine.
        Second is the hull
        Hope this helps and you find the leak.

Comment

Ok I found my leak, the water is coming in from where the steering cable goes out the hull.
          So does that mean I have to put on a new cable? I have check all the nuts on the cable, they are all good

Comment

No some times you can tighten it and thats it.

Comment

Good to hear you found your leak.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
              X