Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Needs Kawasaki 550 Carb Help

Hello,
    i am new here and am looking forward to getting more into jet skiing. i recently bought a competely stock 1986 kawasaki js 550 to see if i enjoyed it enough to spend some hard earned money on nice one. well long story short i have been working on the thing so much i wouldnt have time to ride a running one if i had it. The thing will run great in the bed of my truck but when you put it in the water and give it some gas it will bog out and die. i have done a compression test and both are at 110-115 psi. i took the carb apart and put a rebuild kit in it and it still does it. can some one give me carb adjustment specs? i found someone posted several adjustments but mine is a single carb with 4 adjustments. if someone could give me specs from seated on al adjustments i would really appreciate it. i am about to give up on this sport. i am an auto mechanic and an avid snowmobiler but this is discouraging. any help would be greatly appreciated. i want to get on this thing.

Re: Newbie Needs Kawasaki 550 Carb Help

it is a round style single mikuni. i would like to know the adjustments and which screws control what. it has two on the left side that only turn a quarter turn. anyone? thanks

Comment

Email address?
      Ill send the whole manual.

Comment

can totally relate , I cant even figure out how to post a question on this site, any direction would be appreciated?

Comment

I just bought a 1985 js550 been sitting for ten years. I started it yesterday and it ran for a bit then stopped. I got a water hose attachment and am hopping i got it hooked up to the right place any body know what hose to attach it to. The direction were vague. i got new plugs and a battery for it so far any ideas. And how do I tune my carberator. I need as much help as possible to get me started. Thanks to anyone who writes back. I have never worked on one before.

Comment

Could you send me the manual. Walkerman@me.com

Comment

Working...
            X