Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seadoo GTX DI 947 eng. Rave Valve Housing Pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seadoo GTX DI 947 eng. Rave Valve Housing Pressure?

Thanks for replying Astral,

The solenoid seems to be working because at low rpm I don't have any pressure at the valves and at higher rpms I'm getting pressure of 7.5 psi at full throttle. I'm not sure if that's the amount of pressure I'm suppose to get. I cleaned the Rave valve, lubed them again and checked o-rings and hoses this weekend and still the values will not open with the springs installed, if I remove the springs the valves open because my rpm increases by 500 rpm. It seems that the pressure of 7.5 psi is not enough to raise the valves with the springs installed. I wonder if the compressor that is installed on the DI models might be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by flyhigh View Post
      Thanks for replying Astral,

The solenoid seems to be working because at low rpm I don't have any pressure at the valves and at higher rpms I'm getting pressure of 7.5 psi at full throttle. I'm not sure if that's the amount of pressure I'm suppose to get. I cleaned the Rave valve, lubed them again and checked o-rings and hoses this weekend and still the values will not open with the springs installed, if I remove the springs the valves open because my rpm increases by 500 rpm. It seems that the pressure of 7.5 psi is not enough to raise the valves with the springs installed. I wonder if the compressor that is installed on the DI models might be the problem?
      I think it might be The problem
      The manual calls for 90 psi +- 2 psi..
      www.865-customz.com

Comment

Astral,

Are you sure the pressure from the compressor to the solenoid is 90 psi. That is a lot for that 4.3 mm hose. What manual did you find that in because I've called two Seadoo dealers and talked to the service department managers and they were not able to come up with the pressure to the Rave valve, they said it is not listed.

Comment

Working...
        X