core questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• core questions

I have finally finished getting my core ready to ship. I don't know if I need to remove the studs that bolt the engine to the engine mounting plate. Also I tried to remove the oil fittings and broke both of them off in the block. I was going by memory as I was finishing pulling the rest of the accessories from the engine. When I got home from the shop, I pulled up the list and saw that the oil fittings stay on, now I know why!!! How much is my mistake going to cost me? I believe that is the only two questions I have.

What engine??

Comment

Sorry, 96 GTI

Comment

96 GTI 720 cc I am going to send core in first before I purchase new engine. Will get pick up # etc. when ready to ship.

Comment

No, the studs stay in.

I wouldn't imagine the charge will be any more than around $40 to tap out the broken fittings and replace them - but don't quote me - Ericka in Sales can answer you with an exact price if you give her a call, which I'm sure you will soon anyway.

If you have any doubts as to what stays or goes in the future, just look at our free guides in the technical section - they show everything step-by-step.

Comment

Hey Bryan, Thanks for the help. Love this site. Can't believe the quick response from you!! I should be dooing it soon thanks to SBT & staff. See-ya on the water [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] :D ;) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi:
              We don't charge for the broken fitting as long as the aluminum on the engine is not damaged. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              Ericka Buczkowski
              SBT

Comment

Working...
              X