Greasing the intermediate housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasing the intermediate housing

I now have 10 hours on my 2007 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser.
    Issue #1The manual states to apply 1.12 to 1.18 oz of marine grease to the intermediate housing. I have called the service dept. at the dealership to ask how the heck they measure that out. ( .06 oz between min. & max.) They told me just to give the grease gun a couple of pumps. I have the small grease gun, so I plan on giving it 4 pumps. I did a test run and it took about 20 pumps to measure out appox. 1 oz.
    Can it be that picky to require 1.12 to 1.18?? I know you don't want to put too much in and blow a seal.

Issue #2 - I just changed the oil and as I was warming it up for the 5 to 6 minutes, I noticed the little discharge nozzle on the starboard side did not have water coming out. There was water coming out the port nozzle and the main jet nozzle and some coming out the main intake. I blew on the starboard nozzle and I can pass air through it, so it's not a stopped up tube or nozzle. Is this a problem?
    Last edited by JoeA; 09-04-2008, 09:14 PM.

Re: Greasing the intermediate housing

You should feel resistance on the grease gun trigger when the seal is full, pump slowly. Flushing the ski is different than running it in the water, water enters the motor differently dont worry about the side pisser not having water exit there when flushing.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Greasing the intermediate housing

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X