95 XP800, 2 more issues now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 XP800, 2 more issues now

after finding a burnt harness and repairing it, i thought i was good to go. no luck.

one long beep when putting key on. then one long beep when hitting start button.

i've cleaned connections, changed the post...

no difference.

now i put the replacement MPEM (same part number) from a 96 XP i bought from JetSkiPlanet in. complete box with everything, 2 DESS lanyards, new post.

now it does nothing.

no beeps, no lights, nothing.

swap old post on.

nothing.

i called the guy i bought it from and he assured me the mpem w/ lanyards came off a running ski and it's my wiring.

i've checked all over this thing and everything checks out.

put original (thought to be bad) mpem back on, and same thing. one long beep when putting the key on, then one long beep when hitting the start button.

tried doing the diag mode by hitting the button 5 times with the lanyard off, it just puts out a continuous beep that won't go off until i put the lanyard on and back off again.

W T F

i've checked all fuses and replaced the starter relay too. brand new CORRECTLY CHARGED battery

Re: 95 XP800, 2 more issues now

A single long beep when the key is put on means that the MPEM is not recognizing the key security code. You will need to have the dealer re-program your MPEM to your key.

The new MPEM, if you are SURE its hooked up right, then of course it's the MPEM. Maybe your local dealer can watch you hook it up in front of them. It's only a few wires. Especially since your old MPEM still seems to work (probably)
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

well i've swapped them out back and forth about 10 times, one plug at a time, tracing each plug to it's proper location on the harness/box, so i'm certain i'm doing it correctly.

Comment

Your key is not coded to the mpem, 1 long beep tells this. Have the key re programed at the dealer.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

so even after i get the key programmed, the mpem may still be fried right...

Comment

Its possible.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Working...
              X