1998 GTI Fuel From Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 GTI Fuel From Vent

Troubleshooting a fuel issue. I removed the fuel baffle to make sure the screen was clean and it was. After reassembly the engine wouldn't start till I primed the carb. It died and I switched to reserve and it ran fine. Due to time I had to leave it alone for a week, but I must have left the fuel switch in the ON position. There was fuel in the side panel near the foot rest ( a good cup full). It looks like it came from the vent line. Is this a clogged line or bad fuel switch. I will be replacing all the lines this winter.

Re: 1998 GTI Fuel From Vent

You tank would need to be filled to the top for he vent to overflow (it can happen on older vents). Or, extreme heat (sunlight etc) can make the tank pressurize and overflow that way (but usually it will force it past your N&S in the carbs and flood the motor).

It could come from a variety of areas. If the puddle is below the fuel selector, that is a possibility. Do you have any fuel in the hull? Was it possibly a spill from the last time you put gas in it?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 1998 GTI Fuel From Vent

It does sit out with the cover on it with less than a half tank of fuel. The gas is only puddled on the right hand side in the foot well., appears the fuel is coming from ehind that small black cover where the vent line runs. I did switch the selector over to Reserve and for a couple of days no more leak. I guess when I replace all the lines and switch that may resolve the leak. I am reallying suspecting something wrong with that switch as once I reassembled it would only crank on the reserve selection. Thanks "dsolie" for all you add to the forum. Oh no fuel or oil inside the engine compartment, and I was finding aprox 1/2 pint each time.

Comment

Working...
      X