Clear All

Re: 717 problem running WOT, revving down to 5000rpm

I use anti-seize
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Dan does this link work?

Comment

it was last week. I just emailed Joe (the mod) to see what happened.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Ok, I got two gaskets and removed both carbs... I took the internal fuel filter out of the one that was running ok, cleaned what I could, and re-assembled.. Set the high speed screw closed (where it was), and the low speed screw to 1 1/2 turns out. Set the idle to 3000rpm out of water.

Took the fuel filter out of the "problem" carb.. wow was it clogged!! unbelievable that thing was still running.. so I cleaned it out, and the carb, set the screws and idle the same, and fired it up.

It runs now to 7000rpm with no surging... but, when I run the boat, then shut if off for 15 mins or so, then try to restart... both engines are pretty hard to start.. it seems I need to start them while fooling with the throttle to get them, and keep them, running... Is this normal or should I close my low-speed screws a 1/4 turn?? I am going to check the plugs to see if it looks rich or not. If it does, then what screw do I need to close to lean it out?? The low-speed?

Comment

What's your idle IN the water. That's the important one.

You might need to take in the screws slightly (1/8-1/4)..

But get them started and make sure the idle is 1500-1700 in the water. Too low of an in water idle and they can be a real pain to start.

Glad you got those carbs taken care of. Not too hard huh?
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
              What's your idle IN the water. That's the important one.

You might need to take in the screws slightly (1/8-1/4)..

But get them started and make sure the idle is 1500-1700 in the water. Too low of an in water idle and they can be a real pain to start.

Glad you got those carbs taken care of. Not too hard huh?
              Idle in the water is pretty much 1500rpm... should I get it up more around 1700 for easier starting??? when I first bring the boat out, it starts right up.. its just hard to start after running it for a while.. you need to fool with the throttle to each engine and kinda feather it to get the engine going after it barely idles right.. hard to explain.. but maybe an adjustment and idle speed would help.
              when u say the screws, do you mean the low-speed screw?? the high-speed screw is already all the way closed (clockwise).

Yeah, the carbs weren't too bad to take off and clean the filters... now that I have done it twice (both sides), I am definitely a little faster with it since I know where everything goes. These forums have helped quite a bit!!! Lookin forward to getting this thing running 100% soon.

Got the new wear ring (for left pump), and neoprene seal, along with impeller removal tool coming in today from SBT. I will take pictures of my old destroyed one that's in there now.

Comment

You can try 1700, but I am not sure if it will help that much since you are alreadyat 1500.. It sounds like you have a leaking needle and seat, or your accelerator pump is not working well.

When you cleaned out the carbs, did you open both sides of the carbs?
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

No I just opened and cleaned the side with the fuel filter. Just took the outside plate off. I guess when I completely rebuild the carbs, I can order a new needle and seat for each one and do them all the way... I am thinking I'll just get the new wear ring in, get the propulsion system working ok.. run it a little longer this year cause it still works.. just a pain.. then before the season starts up I'll rebuild each carb.

Comment

Working...
                  X