Oil Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure

I too have had problems with the oil sensor on my 2004 supercharged 4-Tex. Thought I would get smart and remove the sensor and replace it with a mechanical oil pressure gage.

Big problem! Oil pressure gage shows 80+ psi and the engine goes into limp in mode @ 3500 rpm. I have tried to ground the sensor and that seems to work (as far as stoping the engine from going into limp in mode) but that seems to last only for a short period of time.

Can I go to the mechanical gage? Is there something I'm missing as far as the pressure goes.

Re: Oil Pressure

Where in OR are you located? The oil pressure being 80psi is a little high! lol.

Usually, when you have the sensor, it's a sensor problem and just needs to be replaced.

What is the exact problem you are having?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I'm in Grants Pass, Oregon.

It all started with the "check oil" message coming on and the engine going into limp-in-mode at 3500 rpm. As I said a hoped the oil pressure gage would fix the problem. I know that 80+ psi is high but now the message coming on is just "oil", and it is still going into limp mode.

I grounded the sensor and was able to get up to 4500 rpm for just a few seconds and back into limp in.

I guess I could just replace the sensor, but with the "known" problem with this part I was hoping to get around the issue.

Is there other "oil" sensors that I need to be looking at?

Comment

You got two sensors, one at the oil seperator and one on the crank case.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Do you have any clue why the pressure gage is registering so high?

I have taken the sensor that is towards the back of the engine on the right side (looking from the back) and hard to get at.

Right now with the engine at idle (1800 to 2000) the gage is reading 80+ when I get to higher rpm's it climbs to 90+. I'm not running at this time because I'm afraid I'm going to blow a seal or gasket.

RC

Comment

That's no problem,
            What you should do is:
            Check oil filter if Okay,
            replace both sensors.

Grounding stuff is asking for problems, the ECU's are checking if the sensors do switch and only check for oilpressure above 3500 RPM.
            Than if the pressure is off puts it in lymp mode untill you reset with the lanyard.
            Anyway just replace your sensors if your oil filter is fine.

I should replace both sensors since they have been improved, the 2004 sensors are failing most likely sooner or later anyway.

A warning for everybody, if you do not understand the electronic systems in your ski, do not short or bypass sections, this can cause expensive failures of your electronics and even engines.

Comment

80 psi is fine, Replace both the sensors, part # 420256885 and part # 420256777. There is a service bulletin out on these (2003-13) Tom SBT tech department.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

SkiSol,

Thank you very much. I have placed an order for both sensors and will let you know the results.

Not sure if this is allowed on this site but I would like to ask that you call me, at your convenience. I have some other issues that are a bit complicated to put into a forum.

Randy Clark
                541-476-0033 ext. 306

Comment

Working...
                X