Conversion from closed loop to open loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion from closed loop to open loop

Is it possible to convert my 2004 4 Tec supercharged engine from a closed loop to an open loop?

If so I need some insturctions and advise on how to go about the change over.

Thanks

Re: Conversion from closed loop to open loop

Yes it is.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68743

and you buy the conversion kit here:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=499
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Randy do some research before you convert to open loop. If you are concerned about running too hot think about going to a cooler thermostat. I've done this on afew RXPs and my own jet boat and it has worked out well, the engine runs cooler and the oil stays much cleaner.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you for the advise.

Ah, but here is the rub. I'm not using the engine in a conventional ski. I've taken the motor, the pump, and all of the electronics a put them in a 16 foot aluminum boat.

Here the Pacific Northwest we use these boats to run up and down the rivers, sometimes very shallow. I stared out with the stock ride plate but quickly found out that the ride plate would not take the abuse, and are very expensive to replace.

I'm hoping that by going to an open loop system, coming right off the pressure side of the pump I can get get way from this problem. I am going to put a filter in the intake line to clean up the water. In most cases we are running in clean water. Other jet boats, with large engines and pumps have been doing this.

I have ordered a conversion kit, don't have any idea how it hooks up or works at this point. But I guess I will find out soon enough.

If you know anything about the open loop system (how it hooks up and works) I would like to hear from you.

One other question, can anyone tell me if the water pump is pulling water from the ride plate or is it pushing water from the engine to the ride plate?

RC

Comment

We run all of our Sea-Doo 4 strokes open loop on our Dyno, works fine for what we do, You will have to remove the water pump impeller and then your jet pump will supply the engine with water.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Clark View Post
            Thank you for the advise.

Ah, but here is the rub. I'm not using the engine in a conventional ski. I've taken the motor, the pump, and all of the electronics a put them in a 16 foot aluminum boat.

Here the Pacific Northwest we use these boats to run up and down the rivers, sometimes very shallow. I stared out with the stock ride plate but quickly found out that the ride plate would not take the abuse, and are very expensive to replace.

I'm hoping that by going to an open loop system, coming right off the pressure side of the pump I can get get way from this problem. I am going to put a filter in the intake line to clean up the water. In most cases we are running in clean water. Other jet boats, with large engines and pumps have been doing this.

I have ordered a conversion kit, don't have any idea how it hooks up or works at this point. But I guess I will find out soon enough.

If you know anything about the open loop system (how it hooks up and works) I would like to hear from you.

One other question, can anyone tell me if the water pump is pulling water from the ride plate or is it pushing water from the engine to the ride plate?

RC
            What rivers you running on?

Comment

A lot of time on the Rogue river. We also spend time in Northern Cal. running the Klamath, and Trinity. Go north in Oregon and run the Umpqua and the Willimatte.

I have spent sometime on the Snake and John Day in Eastern Oregon.

I injoy getting out and looking at new water.

RC

Comment

Working...
              X