Check your SBT Alignment Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your SBT Alignment Tool

I have been working on 02 4-Tec rebuild since last winter. Rebuild went very smoothly. I decided to purchase everything I needed in the winter and didn't get around to the alignment until some time later (for obvious reasons). After experiencing a lot of drive line noise, I did some searches and found a case where someone here had checked the run-out on one, and found it to be out of the seadoo specification (not sure what that is). I called SBT and was told that I was outta luck because too much time had past since I purchased the alignment device. It had 0.050" run-out. I have meticulously taken care of the shaft so I know it was shipped out of specification from SBT. I am past being upset about a defective alignment rod now. I just wanted to warn people that are purchasing to check the run-out immediately when you receive the alignment shaft. There ARE problems with the tolerances of the device SBT sells.

Re: Check your SBT Alignment Tool

Originally posted by thompsdw View Post
    I have been working on 02 4-Tec rebuild since last winter. Rebuild went very smoothly. I decided to purchase everything I needed in the winter and didn't get around to the alignment until some time later (for obvious reasons). After experiencing a lot of drive line noise, I did some searches and found a case where someone here had checked the run-out on one, and found it to be out of the seadoo specification (not sure what that is). I called SBT and was told that I was outta luck because too much time had past since I purchased the alignment device. It had 0.050" run-out. I have meticulously taken care of the shaft so I know it was shipped out of specification from SBT. I am past being upset about a defective alignment rod now. I just wanted to warn people that are purchasing to check the run-out immediately when you receive the alignment shaft. There ARE problems with the tolerances of the device SBT sells.
    There ARE problems with the device sold by BRP/SeaDoo as well! How did you meticulously store this tool? It needs to be hung up on the wall by the handle end, not leaning against a wall, not stored flat on a shelf or in a drawer.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Check your SBT Alignment Tool

I had several thick cardboard storage tubes that were longer than the shaft length to store the shaft in. I stored the tool in that tube (handle down) very near vertical in the original bubble wrap until I was ready to use the tool. I can assure you that there was no horizontal force applied to the shaft tip during storage.

Comment

Working...
      X