2006 FX HO High Output Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 FX HO High Output Won't Start

Please help! This 2006 Yamaha FX HO High Output waverunner won't start.

Here is a list of the symptoms: Alarm is deactivated. I plug the kill switch key in and press the start button repeatedly. The digital screen will light up, but 50% of the time the motor will do absolutely nothing. During the other 50% of the time the motor will briefly chirp or stutter, then I press the button again, and it may chirp a little more like it wants to turn over. The chirp is like the motor wants to turn over, but it can't quite turn over completely.

Here is what I've done so far: New battery fully charged. Replaced the starter relay and the start/stop/kill switch component. Inspected and reconnected all of the connectors in the black rectangular box next to the oil dipstick area. I've completely siphoned all of the old fuel out and replaced it with new fuel. Replaced all of the sparkplugs. Disconnected and reconnected the regulator/rectifier and I have examined all of the connectors up front below the steering column. I've also inspected the intake area and the jet for any debris and none exists.

Here is a description of what I have done to start the unit after all of the actions I've taken so far. I've jumped the new relay and the motor turns over, but it will not fire up. I've sprayed starting fluid in the cylinders and jumped the relay and the motor turns over, but it won't fire up. If it does fire it only briefly fires up for 1 to 3 seconds (RARE).

The odd thing is that at the starter relay when I check the voltage on the battery side of the relay it reads 12.9 volts. When I check the starter side of the relay while simultaneously pressing the start button it reads 0. When the ski chirps while pushing the start button repeatedly at a fast rate of speed the voltage on the starter side of the relay will read .9 volts and the ski will chirp like it wants to turn over.

Please let me know what I should do next. I am mechanically inclined and I would rather fix it myself as opposed to taking the waverunner to YAMAHA.

Re: 2006 FX HO High Output Won't Start

Check the connectors on the ECM, bassicly you have to check all the wiring, I would start with the wires from the start/stop ***'y connectors.
    We have found corroded wires in the connectors, you should really pull on the wires, a broken/badly corroded wire pulls right out of the connector.

Comment

Re: 2006 FX HO High Output Won't Start

The starter relay could be bad.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X