alarm on gp800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm on gp800

hey i redid the top end on my gp800 and when hooked up battery a constent beep started

Re: alarm on gp800

Sounds like a bad sensor.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Have you reseted the security code? Does the engine trun over? The most probable thing is overheat alarm or the security code has gone south.

Comment

i also put a block off kit so was wondering if it was a low oil sensor in the tank. also i had a gp1200 that the guage cluster went bad and had to plug some wires in to each other to get past the pass code does any one know if there is a fix like that for the gp800 its a 2003

Comment

If your oil tank is low, she will sure tell you. All you have to do is take float, top sensor out of tank, pull white stairner off and tie palstic ties so that all floats are all the way up.

Security code is easy, pull front hood open take out bin. Look at gauge coming from there you will have a single blue wire, find connector, disconnect it.
          Now look at gauge you will see that red led is on press and hold mode botton untill security comes on set new code AAAA is factory code. Connect dingle blue connect and your done.

Comment

i tries the oil tank fix but that didnt work and i think my guage pod is dead there is moisture on the inside and cant see no display if i disconect a plug with 2 black wires the beep stops but engine wont turn over

Comment

Thats cool just disconnect the bundle that goes to the gauge, connect the kill switch directly to the engine harness, should be the black and white connector and the red and brown connector. Dont worry about color machine them in that they may not since you are taking the gauge out. Your ski will work less the gauge.

Comment

got it to start when it did it reved up like the throdle was held wide open then it quit running did this about 3 times now wont fire up again. and thanks for all your help

Comment

First take out plugs and check compression, if good do next.
                  On carbs find screw that adjust idle, will be silver and have spring on it, do not mistake with jet screws. The idle screw will increase throotle on both carbs. Once you got it screw it out one full turn. Put a bit of premix down each cylinder jug and put plugs back in and try to start.
                  If it starts and dies adjust idle screw till you can start and stays on.
                  If you cant and all it does is start goes wide open and then dies you may have a air leak in front or rear seal.
                  An air leak (leaning) your engine and will damage engine if you dont fix it fast.

Comment

did compression check and was not good 60lbs in both what is the correct torque specs for base ans head bolts. is it possible to put the head gasket in wrong seems odd for both cylnders to be exactly the same. also how do you check for a air leak
                    again thanks for all your help.

Comment

Dude 60 psi on both jugs, your cylinders are Dead. take head off and feel and see if there are any scrathes, if there is and you can feel then with finger nail thats it your done.
                      If you can see then but not feel them then they are ok.

Compression needs to be more than 120 PSi withing 10 psi difference. That is the lowest, so you are way down. You mention head gasket? Okay come clean how did you do a top end? If you cut corners or try to save maney using old gasket, welcome to experience, you will have to do it again using new gaskets, head and base.

Air leak, you need to get a bunch of block off plates and be abale to pressure the cases up the engine and watch for leak. Do a google on group K perfromances and you can read all about it.

If you want the easy method well then just go ahead and put new seal front and back, make sure you clean the cases halves and use proper sealer between cases to make sure no air leaks. There is always some type of leak but the less the better.

I dont know where in the US you are but its winter and good time to tear down and engine and freshen it up.

Comment

i used the top end exchange kit from sbt and it came with all gaskets

Comment

My oppologies, did you make sure that the arrow is toward the exhust and the F is toward the front?
                          This is very important so that the piston rings (gaps) are 160 degrees off from the exhuast opening.
                          Here is a picture of what you need to see this is a three cylinder but in Yamas this is the same.
                          http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...5&d=1218986984

here is a manual for 800, in case you dont have it.
                          http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/...00R_Manual.pdf
                          Last edited by torquenut; 11-10-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

i changed the pistons one at a time and installed them just like the ones i took out. i found a shop thats gonna help me go over the whole engine since it is winter and to cold to ride for about a month. thanks for the help now i know where to go for more answers also the manual did not work

Comment

email me at torquenut3@aol.com and I can send it as an pdf attachment

Comment

Working...
                              X