No announcement yet.

SBT Delrin Wear Ring.... Loose Fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Delrin Wear Ring.... Loose Fitting?

I just purchased a Delrin wear ring from SBT. I was suprised that it slid in the the housing very easily.

The shop manuals all say that the wear ring should fit so tightly that you need a press to force it in the housing or you'll need to hit it in with a hammer and 2X4.

Also, on the delrin ring (without the bolts) I can easily turn the wear ring in the housing with very little force.

Should this be happening? Aren't the wear rings supposed to fit tighter than this?

Any input would be appreciated.
    --Brian

Re: SBT Delrin Wear Ring.... Loose Fitting?

Brian,
    Call the office Monday and ask for Tom in Tech.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

I recently had the same problem with one of their rings. I tried two and finally had to go to a OEM ring. If you notice they apply some type of knurling to the outside diameter of the ring. This is to make up for the different tolarances of the pump housing.... so theu tell me. The OEM ring was very tight and I had to press it in... Go with the OEM....

Frank

Comment

I know this is a thread revival but i recently had the same issue, my fix:

Indian head tack cement (used for automotive gaskets) , have used this for years on cars, coated outside of ring and inside of housing let set for 10 mins, slid them together pulled them apart, removed excess from front face of ring, let set for 20 min, reinserted ring in(do this fast as it starts to stick) then let set for about 2 hours. Took to lake ran for 2 hours rechecked no spin or no issues. Currently have about 30-40 hours on this fix and no issues. Worked for me may not for you, lol you may tell me i'm retarded for doing it this way but hey it works and i like riding as cheap as possible and i didnt have to drill my housing for screws..

Comment

Working...
        X