Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 650sx winter project

Hey Folks,

New to the site but just thought I'd put a post on here to get some advice!

Have bought a wee 650sx that were going to fix up over the winter.

So far have the engine lifted out and stripped down, and it wasnt in as bad a condition as we originally thought. Engine would still turn by hand though the pistons are pretty badly scored and rings on one of the pistons are wore well down/ceased into the pistons. Oddly enough the cyclinder sleeves seem grand with no scores.

Other than that the whole engine was stuck together solid with about 3 years of corrosion and salt build up!! Gaskets were a nightmare, looked like the previous owner had glued them in and weve put a few scores on the cyclinder block and head getting things apart!

Currently the cyclinder block and exhaust manifold are sitting in a bucket of diesel to try and free things up - seem like their welded together!!!

So going to start of with boring out cyclinders skimming cyclinder block, full new top end kit and full gasket set!

Carb rebuild kit, diaphram is hanging together and butterfly flaps badly corroded.

Reed valve cages and petal also a lost cause so these will need replaced!!

Not sure the exact year of ski but the engine code is a JF650AE

The Carb is a Keihin, again not sure what type only markings I can see on it are 3725CE17 and 4.M

Exhaust system doesnt look stock, full stainless steel with a stainless steel box up front, again I cant see any markings on it so dont know what make it is!

Heres a few pics, excuse the quality as there taken on my phone!

The jetski will be just for recreational use no racing etc although I would like a bit more performance than standard offerings to wipe the smile of peoples faces when we pull up at the lough with our vintage kawasaki!! Lol

Anyway just posting on here as theres not many resources over here and this looks like a great site so any advice on parts / upgrades and do's/dont's anyone has on 650sx's would be appreciated! :)

Ken,
    Attached Files

Re: Kawasaki 650sx winter project

Ken go over to PWC today.com and search the forums for used parts for your motor. you may find some good deals on 650 salvage items.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X