swap 155hp case for SC case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: swap 155hp case for SC case

You pretty much have to change your drive line, the driveshaft from the 185hp will not fit the PTO, let's call it connection to the engine.

You can change the PTO, however I believe that the 185 pump setup is not good for the 215 hp.

The intercooler is in the intake manifold from the 215 hp, that is the black plastic box with the ECU on top, you will see two hose connections facing to the front of the ski.

Comment

THE PTOs ARE THE SAME! Yes you can use the drive line from the 185 but it is not as strong and the impeller will have to be repitched. You can do a turn key swap just have to hook in the intercooler hoses. If you dont have the electronics from the 215, you can still run it with the 185 electronics. This works and it will run Fine! If you have any questions call and ask for Tom 1877-330-0231. I have 7 years at a seadoo dealership and sea-doo certified most of my sea-doo experience is the 4 stroke, I can tell you what needs to be upgraded to have the jet pump hold up to the 215 hp. You can use the 215 ecu you have, you will have to get the key programed for it if you dont have one.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

skisol, as Technical support is stating, if I stay within the years 03-05, I believe he is stating it would be "turn key installation". I would hate to buy this motor and find I would have to replace the entire driveline and or instrument cluster.

Do you believe Technical Support may be wrong or right?

When I mean complete motor I mean everything, all I will need to do is connect all electrical cables, rubber boot on SC, exhaust system onto exhaust manifold, and driveshaft into PTO. Motor needs nothing else.

Comment

didn't see your post TS

Comment

TS, when you mention electronic, are you referring to the computer (ECU) mounted on the intake manifold?

Also, as your stating about the key, will this new motor with its own ECU only take the key that ran it originally, so my key that went to my old 185hp motor will not work?

To repitch the impeller is replacing it with a different pitch impeller? I take it my pitch is too low of an angle for this more powerful motor and will over rev the motor?

Comment

It's all up to what you think is best at this point, Tech support is right about the PTO being the same, it is the drive shaft, impeller and wear ring which are different.

Personally I would NEVER install a less reliable setup if I am not going to use or be able to get it's max performance out of it for whatever the reason is.

One more thing about using the 185 ECU with it's rev limiter wil not alow you to get 215 HP.

The 215 HP engine delivers 215 HP at 8000 RPM + or - 50 RPM
              Last edited by skisol; 01-09-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Nazrin, If you plan on getting the 215 and it has the ecu mounted to the intake, then you would need to progam the ecu to your key , if you did this then your key would work on the original ecu from the 185 set up and the new 215 ecu. The dealer would charge between $35.00-$100.00 to program it. I know you are asking about this because it is much easier to find a used 215 vs a 185, you can convert the 215 back to a 185 fairly easy by changing out the flywheel from the 215 to the 185 flywheel and using the intake from the 185 on the 215 then use your 185 supercharger on the engine. This is easiest way to put the ski back together and not have to do up grades to the drive line due to the extra hp the 215 would give. If you went with the 215 as a 215 hp then consider the larger dia. drive shaft and the rxt impeller, also the carbon ring is different. I know you already have the metal pump and that is the biggest expence on the conversion so what ever you choice may be it should work out fine. Any questions feel free to call. Tom Sbt tech

Comment

If you change to the RXT impeller you have to change your wear ring also, the RXT impeller won't fit in the 185 wear ring.

I did think all the time that you had a 2003 GTX supercharged without any modifications done to it.
                  So I did not know that you had the alluminum pump housing allready on the ski.

Comment

Skisol, We spoke about this already by phone, When he purchased the ski some things had been changed. He knows that the stub shaft and wear ring are different.

Comment

That makes sence, that's why we had some different opinions, you see how important it is for people who have serious questions that they give information about upgrades done which may be related to the solutions of their issues.

It does not make sense to inform some people and not the other people where you are trying to get some info from.

Comment

He didn't know that the metal pump was not stock on that model, and that some one had replaced it before he bought the ski.

Comment

Well thanks to both of you, I think I have the picture of what I have to do to drop in a 2005 215hp complete motor in my 2003 185hp GTX.

One more question, As I was talking to TS, I forgot to ask where do I connect or intall a new connection for this aftercooler I currently don't have installed in my 185hp GTX?

Comment

It is connected between the water in line from the jet pump to the exhaust manifold . Water comes in from the jet pump to the intercooler, out of the intercooler then into the exhaust manifold. Real easy.

Comment

So, are you saying this water line is connected in series and not parallel

Comment

Yes. in series, water comes from the pump to the intercooler, out of the intercooler and in to the exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                                X