Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: swap 155hp case for SC case

I have a different situation,

Can I take a 2005 215hp motor and put my supercharger on it from my 2003 185hp motor, or does the gear on the supercharger need to be changed to 16 tooth to fit together?
    Last edited by nazrin; 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Yes you will need to change the gear
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

good

Comment

that raises another question, if the drive gear will only mesh with the 16 tooth then what change in the motor only allows this?

fly wheel gear a lager size?

location of the supercharger on the PTO cover?

Comment

The flywheels are different between the two, tooth count. If its the 215 flywheel use the 16 tooth supercharger gear, 185 flywheel use 17 tooth gear.

Comment

that raises another question, if the flywheel has a different Pitch Diameter and the supercharger gear has to have the correct Pitch Diameter to mate up with the flywheel, then what about the Starter throw gear. I would think 185hp flywheel needs a larger throw gear on the starter verses the 215hp flywheel needs smaller throw gear on the starter???? Or how does this work???

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Everything else stays the same. The starter gear and bendix are the same on both machines. There are 2 sets of ring gears on the flywheel, back side is starter ring, outside is supercharger gear ring

Comment

I'm in the middle of swapping my 2003 185hp motor out for a 2005 215hp motor, I ran into a swap snag, I did not receive a wire harness for the 215hp so I'm using my 185hp's harness. One sensor on the intake manifold of the 215hp is different than on the 185hp. On the lower end of the manifold and connection side of the intercooler is this sensor, I think it is a temp sensor, the connector wire that connects are different from one another also, the 215hp sensor has exposed wires at the junction of the sensor and the 185 sensor is encased in brass, I would expect the 215hp senor is a faster acting sensor, that said I was wondering if this 215hp sensor would work with the 185hp ECU or the other way around will this 185hp sensor work on the 215hp ECU? What is the sensor really and the differences between them both?
                    Last edited by nazrin; 04-22-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Use the one that fits the connector and you will be fine.

Comment

Really, so your saying use either sensor with either ECU. What is it, temp? If temp don't you think one has a faster responce time? Also what is the ECU doing with the information this sensor is giving?

Comment

Don't forget to use the right oil presure switch for the right ECU, they are different too. The connector will fit both switches.

Comment

too late, the motor is in and I am currently using my 185hp Ecu and left the original oil switch on the 215hp motor. what will be my problem? My 40min test ride seem to be ok I am up about 2-3mph with this motor and the 185hp ecu. I will be putting a 215hp ecu on this ski once I buy one, but for now, I'm using the 185hp ecu. Should I stop riding, will I blow something?

GTX 2003 185hp 64-66 mph

GTX w/ 2005 215hp motor w/ 185hp ecu 66-68mph

GTX w/ 2005 215hp motor w/ 215hp ecu ????
                              Last edited by nazrin; 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

No your fine have Fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X