swap 155hp case for SC case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swap 155hp case for SC case

Can I take a 155hp engine and take all my motor accessories off my 185hp SC motor and put them on the 155 including the supercharger and make that work as a 185 SC motor or is the motor case not exchangeable?

Re: swap 155hp case for SC case

Case is the same.

Comment

It depends on the year motor. If both motors are between 03-05 yes. If both motors are between 06-08 yes.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So, this 155hp block will have the female threads for the supercharger?

Comment

Don't understand you exactly, Supercharger mounts on magneto housing, not on engine block.

Comment

Ok, yes that answers my question, did'nt realize the threads where on the PTO cover. Thanks

Comment

Another question:

Can I take my 2003 GTX complete 185hp 4tec supercharged motor and swop it out for a complete 215 Hp 4tec supercharged motor?

Comment

So take out 185 hp and install 215 hp?

First of all the PTO's and driveshafts and impellers are different, so you have to change your drive line.

If your driveline is matching you can do it as long as you got the 215 complete with everything, I mean everything like electronics(ECU) newer models even the instrument cluster, inter cooler with tubing and very important a different reducer for the open cooling system.

Comment

185 and 215 electrical can be interchanged 03-05 ecu's will work and emm's will work. Don’t try to interchange 03-05 with 06-07 they will not work. The yellow water reducer at the pump is the one to use not the red reducer. Hooking in the intercooler is easy for the 215; water goes into the intercooler 1st then into the exhaust manifold. Any questions give me a call. Tom Sbt tech.

Comment

If the ECU from one on the other will work I don't know, that the fuel mapping is set different I do know so is the ref limiter, Unless you got BUDS with engeneering access you can't change it.

Personally I would not run my 185 electronics on a 215 setup.

Comment

Im running a 185 ecu on a 215 sportsteer jet boat for a little over 40 hrs now and no issues, plugs look fine, not lean one bit.

Comment

I don't understand this, the ref limiter for the 185 HP is set to 7650 RPM, while the limiter for the 215 HP is set to 8200 RPM.

The question was to swap in a GTX ski, so I think that an ECU with a 7650 ref limiter is not the way to go.

Comment

Skisol, What I'm saying is that he can run the 215 engine it self with all of the 185 electrical, it will work fine. If he has all of the 215 electrical then use it and if he had to, he could use an ecu from a 185 with the emm from a 215 it will work and yes the rpm's will be lower using the 185 ecu, But it will work.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, bottom line it does not make sense to switch from the 185 hp to the 215 hp engine if you do not have the proper ECU, you will not get the performance and you are using a less reliable setup.

Less reliable due to leaking intercoolers if used in salt water and the higher RPM SC.

Comment

Well, a bit confused. If I take out the complete 185hp 2003 motor, will the 215hp 2005 complete motor be turn key installation? Or will this drive line be a problem? BTW, Yes, the 215 will have its ECU

Does this 2005 215hp motor need intercooler or is intercooler part of the motor? I don't know what my 185hp has inregards to intercooler?
                              Last edited by nazrin; 01-08-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X