Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Waverunner 1200r

Yamaha 1200 overheating
    I was in saltwater and after about 40 minutes of riding the temp light came on... I had a passenger on the back and was riding on average in the 40-50mph range. After pulling the ski out of the water, I checked all the water exit points and see normal water flow. Is there something specific I should check? The ski does run a little rich. If the ski was running rich (little extra oil), would that help cool or heat up the motor? Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Re: Yamaha Waverunner 1200r

Cat converter removed?
    If not check it's condition, I always repleace them with a D-plate and a temp chip, that's what I like, might be other opinions.

Comment

I believe I bought the ski with an aftermarket D-plate. I have no idea what their used for or if infact their a replacement for the cat-converter? Is there a easy indication if the D-plate is aftermarket and also if the correct chip is being used? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

Yes, the Dplate is a replacement for the cat. Usually if the electrical temp line coming fron the pipe is unplugged, then the dplate has been installed. Also, if you have not installed wave eater clips on the power valves before you go for another ride.

Comment

Yes, i have an d-plate installed but the elec temp connection is still pluged into the CDI box. If the chip wasn't installed with the Dplate, could that have done any damage to the ski? Which direction does the chip face? Toward the CDI box or on the wires coming from the exhaust?

Comment

CDI side of the harness.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X