X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing the 2 stroke Jet Pump

Tech Tip of the Week

Sea-Doo 2 stroke jet pump service

All of the Sea-Doo jet pumps (except for the 4 stoke models) use gear oil in the jet pump housing to lubricate the bearings that the impeller shaft rides on. The oil in this housing should be changed every season to prevent bearing failure that can cause major damage to the impeller, wear ring and other components. The nose cone of the pump housing can be removed so oil can drain and be inspected for metal shavings and contamination from water. If water is present then the pump needs to be re-built . Water contamination will make the oil look very milky and sludgy. Seals do fail after time and their replacement is considered part of maintenance. Don’t take short cuts on pump servicing - take your time and replace what ever may be in question. Use Sea-Doo approved jet pump oil and re-fill the housing through the Allen screw in the nose cone. Pour slowly so you fill the entire housing. If you have any additional questions on servicing your jet pump, please fell free to contact the SBT tech support.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Re: Servicing the 2 stroke Jet Pump

Ericka is there an article on how to rebuild a Kawasaki zxi 1100 jet pump on the site? I also noticed that the nose cone on the original looks like it is too small for my new housing I got from Kawasaki....
    thanx,
    Chris

Comment

You would have to refer to a factory service manual.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Relativley low cost????????? I bought 2 Carb base plate and a exaust pipe gasket for a 00 XL800 from a Yamaha dealer in South Ga and they were 75.00 !!!!!!! Called another dealer and he wanted more.:( But, Yes, I agree, Dont skimp on the fuel delivery or exaust...
        RABIKA

Comment

Working...
        X