1996 SLTX 1050 tripple carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 SLTX 1050 tripple carb

Has been sitting since 06. Compression is good and everything else is fine. These have the intrigal fuel pum. How reliable are these engines in comparison with the sl 750 and the slx 780. Do I need to convert to premix and should I add an external pump. If so, which pump do I use. Please advice before I do the needed maintenance to get it ready for the summer. Thank you

Re: 1996 SLTX 1050 tripple carb

That ski is much better then the old blue fuji motors. Clean out the carbs and if it has gray fuel line replace all of it and run a good 2 stroke oil in it .The oil pumps are reliable no need to remove it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I know about the blue fuji engines and their issues and I've heard the sl 700 is also good but I wasn't sure about this one and didn't want to assume it was. Thank you!

Comment

I also have a 1996 sl 700 that is premix. What do I need to do to turn it back from premix.

Comment

oil pump, cable from carb to oil pump,oil lines and clamps and you may need the oil pump drive part that goes over the flywheel nut if yours does not have the nut with the built in oil pump drive. Oil tank if its not in the ski.

Comment

Ok. Once installed is there anything else that needs to be done for the system to work correctly? Like purgeing the system.

Comment

Run pre-mix along with the oil injection for the first tank of fuel, this will allow the air bubbles to pass through the lines and the pre-mix will protect the engine while this happens. Run 40:1 mix on the first tank, = 3.2 oz to each gal of fuel.

Comment

Working...
              X