alarm buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm buzzer

I have a 97 gtx. when i first turn it on, even before it starts, a buzzer comes on, but never goes off, even after running for a few minutes. Unfortunately, info center does not work to tell me anything. I have tried disconnecting the temp sensor and oil senesor, but nothing seems to make a difference. Grounding the temp sensor wire turned on a different alarm. I just put in a new SBT engine, and want to fix this before i take it out. A volt check shows that it is charging, voltage is at about 12.9 at 3000 rpm idle.

Re: alarm buzzer

Oil, fuel, temp and 12v low are the warning indicators on that ski...

Disconnection the oil sensor will not stop the alarm. The only way to stop that alarm is to put oil in the tank, o remove the sending unit and tie the float up high (to trick it into thinking it's got a full tank). I assume you are going pre-mix?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yes im doing premix in the gas. its got little more then half a tank of oil. i was told that i need to keep it half full so oil could gravity bleed into the crankcase. what should the charging voltage be? is 12.9v at 3000rpm idle on trailer good?

Comment

12.9 charging.. what's your sitting voltage, nothing on..
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

12.2v with the ski off and nothing on

Comment

i havent really wanted to run it to much on the trailer because i havent put it in the water to break in the new engine yet. just wasnt sure bout this buzzer. didnt want a fifty dollar problem to turn into having to replace the engine again

Comment

i just pulled the oil sensor. its a black tube with a white cylinder thing on the bottom. the cylinder is stationary. it does not move up and down the tube. there is no way to tie it up......

Comment

The cyl thing spins up the black bar to the top..

Try shorting your sensor wires together, see if that stops the beeping...
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

i tried spinning the cyl thing at the bootom of the shaft of the oil sensor and it doesnt move. it is fixed and is not supposed to move. i shorted the wires going to the oil sensor and fuel sensor and the buzzer did not turn off....... hmmmmmm....... the buzzing starts out faint and gets louder after a minute or so. but not very loud ever. when i shortded the temp sensor wire a very loud buzzer came on. there was no change in the faint buzzer when i shorted the oil and fuel sensors..... what about the charging system? i had that replace along with the brand new sbt engine at a shop. is 12.9v at 3000rpm idle on trailer ok? would that set off the low 12volt alarm?
                  Last edited by kurtholzbacher; 03-10-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

you might have a faulty buzzer...
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

just checked voltage again. its charging at 13.6v at 3000 rpm idle...... thank you for all of you help. i will check or replace the buzzer nxt

Comment

got a used buzzer off ebay and my buzzing problem is solved. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                        X