Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC Display not working

Hi,

I have a 2003 Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC and the display went out. It seems to run and operate properly with the exception of the display. It does give off one long beep everytime I start it. I have checked all of the fuses and they all seem fine and I can not seem to get any codes from it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Re: Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC Display not working

Check the electrical connector on the emm, thats the unit mounted next to the battery. It is connector 1, un-plug and look for any pins that might have moved out. You might just have a broken display on the gauge, if so then just replace the gauge. There is a comunication error with gauge and that is most likely the solid beep you are getting. Wires on the plug to look at are 11,10,23,8
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Check the electrical connector on the emm, thats the unit mounted next to the battery. It is connector 1, un-plug and look for any pins that might have moved out. You might just have a broken display on the gauge, if so then just replace the gauge. There is a comunication error with gauge and that is most likely the solid beep you are getting. Wires on the plug to look at are 11,10,23,8
      Hi, is there anybody can help me with this... I have the same problems !

Here is the step that I have done:

1 - cluster dead buy a new one but don't working like my old one not just LCD Rpm and speed don't working.

2 - checking ALL connectors and connection ( 12 V and communication lane + fuse ) from back of the cluster to MPEM and to ECU all are good.

3 - buying new MPEM still cluster not working

4 - next step if to buy ECU.

just want to know... If i supply 12 v to cluster from with external power supply ( just for testing ) it will power up or they need to be powered from my seadoo because they need the communication wire to wake up ?

because they appear that 12v is always on even when lanyard is not connected.

is some body is aware of that... this is so frustrating, no body know about that!

Best regards,

Comment

Hi...as per my knowledge you really need to add your seadoo YEAR and model to you avatar so we can help you out better with future questions.If you jump the battery in your seadoo from a live connection like a car or truck while it's running it will surge the battery and the electrical system on the Seadoo. Check your fuses to see if they are bad.

Comment

I've had the same issue and the problem were the pins that got out of position. I aligned everything and reconnected and it was fine. I hope your is as simple as that too bro.

Comment

more then half the time the 15 year old display just gives up the ghost

the long beep is a solid clue that there is a comm problem between the ecu and console.

if your ski has ever taken water, peruse all electrical advice in the thread

consoles ain't cheap. not even close to cheap. Class isn't cheap. It's top shelf stuff in many ways

serviceable ones typically cost 250-350 on the used market. less if the display has cracked glass ( stay away from those) or the cover is badly scratched

Comment

Hey Everyone,
              I too have a 06 Seadoo GTX 4Tech that has nothing on the cluster panel. It's clear as day and won't read. As soon as the battery is hooked up its sounds a solid constant beep until you hook battery. But, as soon as I push on the lanyard it chirps twice then fires right up, revs up and runs great. But still nothing on the gauges. Anyone find out their problem? I seen one post that said it was the pins on the plug in going to ECU. Any others out there? I'm thinking maybe it's all due to bad gauges or cluster panel? Thanks

Comment

I too have the same problem on a 06 GTX 4tech. Nothing reads at all on the cluster panel and it beeps constantly until I unhook the battery. It starts, revs and runs great. After reading all this I'm thinking maybe it's due to my cluster. I like to make sure before I bought a new one since they are around $500-600. The puns going in my ECU seem to be aligned and good. Anyone have other suggestions? Thanks Everyone

Comment

I too have the same problem on a 06 GTX 4tech. Nothing reads at all on the cluster panel and it beeps constantly until I unhook the battery. It starts, revs and runs great. After reading all this I'm thinking maybe it's due to my cluster. I like to make sure before I bought a new one since they are around $500-600. The pins going in my ECU seem to be aligned and good. Anyone have other suggestions? Thanks Everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X