587 sbt motor problem resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 587 sbt motor problem resolved

Hello i just bought a rebuild from sbt this week and i put the motor in my 96 spi. When it came time to put the carb on i noticed that the pulse fitting was in the front by the mag cylinder and on my core it's in the rear pto. My carb is set up to use the rear pto pulse line. Im worried about having to use a longer pulse hose to the carb. I heard that you should not go over 12 inches, im about over that so i don't kink the line. Also the hose barb that is on top of the head which is called the bleed hose i broke that off trying to put a zip tie on there. My question is can i take my core head top and put it on the new sbt engine or will that void the warrenty i would not be taking the cylinder head off just the water jacket, i have a complete gasket kit that i bought so i can put new gaskets in the top. There is not much i can do with the fitting right now.

Thanks
    Mike Alexander

Re: problem with 587 sbt motor

Do not dismantle the new motor, that will void your warranty. Please call in, I'm sure we can help.The tech guys will be in the office at 8:00 am.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

Re: problem with 587 sbt motor

I talked with Jeremy this morning about it and im just waiting for someone to call me back. Thank you

Mike Alexander

Comment

587 sbt motor problem resolved

Actually it was a counterbalancer bearing that came through the case. SBT replaced it without a problem. Is this something that is common or is it a freak thing?

Comment

Re: 587 sbt motor problem resolved

Not a common problem, but it can happen.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X