Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1100 Venture wont go past 5 mph , HELP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 Venture wont go past 5 mph , HELP ?

If any of you guys have been reading my previous 3 or 4 threads on my Venture issues , then you know most of the story .. For those of you that don't and might be able to help .. Here goes .. I have a '97 venture 1100 3 cyl .. I rebuilt the pistons rings wrist pins , all with a WSM kit after having the cylinders sleeves cut .. The current compression is 120 psi in all cylinders .. so I know the motor is good .. I have also put in new diaphrams in the carbs , checked pop off (50 psi) and needle + seat's are all clean .. also replaced carb diaphrams .. Cleaned out fuel tank , which was full of junk .. . Replaced all plugs with new ones , cleaned out fuel pump (not real dirty) .. Also checked spark on each cylinder .. it good .. Also while I had the motor opened up , I replaced the 2 blown crank seals and also the magneto seal in front of block ..
    Bike starts + runs , just won't get on plane past 5 mph and blows black smoke as well as some blue smoke .. I have adjusted the carbs, and adjusted and adjusted .. still wont go past the 5 mph .. Motor sounds strong .. just can't seem to lay the power down .. Does it sound like carb issue .. cause Ive been thru them a hundred times already .. all clean + look good .

Any body have any idea's that might help me before I decide to torch it with 5 gallons of gas .. VERY , VERY FRUSTRATING ..

Im working on this bike for 4 months (part time)

Thanks in advance for any help ??

Re: 1100 Venture wont go past 5 mph , HELP ?

Make sure that the exhaust hoses are not damaged internally, if they are you will choke out the engine and not build rpms. Are your fuel inlet line and return line mixed up?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I did make sure the fuel inlet and return weren't mixed up , there not .. I also turned down the high speed jets and low speed jets OFF .. Yes , OFF .. I shut all the screws completely .. the bike seemed to run better . it will get up to 10 mph now .. Im guessing that the jets in the carb are not the right ones ? I would think with all the screws , both low and high speed shut off , the bike should not even run .. yet it seems to run a little better , just not enough to get on plane >>

Would you guys know what jets (both low and high ) Im supposed to have in this bike ? I got it used and someone before me might have drilled out the jets or have the wrong ones in there ? What do you all think ?

The bike is strong , and just waiting to eat + run .. Compression is 120 on all cylinders ..

Thanks for your help /..

Comment

Interesting.. I would be looking at the jetting for SURE.... I don't know off hand what it it, but I beleive that it was a staggered jetting.

You should grab an owners manual, or stop by / call your local dealer to see what the stock jet's are supposed to be..
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

OK .. Found out what jets I needed , and ordered them .. should be here this week .. I will keep you all posted .. Thanks for everyones help

and .02 cents .. I can use all the help I can get ..

Comment

Finally !!!!!!!! I fixed it !!!!!!! I replaced all the jets with stock jets and noticed that the old jets had a lot bigger hole (oriface ) .. My guess is someone drilled these jets out .. ?

Either way , i set the carbs to stock settings , all new fuel lines, new diaphrams , new pistons, rings , wrist pins .. It was all worth it today !! That 1100 cc wave raider is bad , fast .. An animal out of the whole .. And if your not hanging on tight it feels like it could throw you ..

Felt great to finally get the problem fixed .. Persistence pays off .. Even if ive been working on it since november .. Lol !

Thanks for all your help and advice ,, !! Great forum !!!

Comment

ABOUT )(*)#(*$#)(*#@)(* TIME!!!

Sweet man.. Enjoy the ride!
              Dan Solie -
              04 RXP (the "Instigator")
              94 xp (freestyle mods)
              95 xp (faster than the 94)
              JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for all your help .. especially Dan Solie ..

Ive been enjoying the ski the last few days .. so far it is up to 57 mph with more throttle left .. what an animal !!! I luv it !!!

Comment

sry...i made my own thread, on just about the same problem!! i had it posted here first.....

Comment

Working...
                  X