ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Ok another post, I just got off the phone with a dealer tech, he thinks it is either or both fuel map/ timing with this 05 ecu.

He also said, and is this TRUE, what every you do you will not be able to go faster than 65mph due to a speed limiter in the ecu? I personally don't think so.

Comment

No, it's not true...

But what is a valid possibility is that your TPS and other variables need to be adjusted based upon the new ECU. The 05 map may be different at a certain TPS then another..

I dunno.. Take it to a dealer... hook it to BUDS. The rental RPM mode is VERY true, as I have it on my 04.. The wife gets the rental key, the friends get the learning key.. I get the big boy lol..
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Its not a learning key thing, if it was the ski would not go over 45mph. Naz, did you hook up the intercooler on the 215 set up?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Naz, the ecu should have a part number of 66-49-47 to be a 215 ecu.

Comment

Yes, I hooked up just as you stated, in series with exhuast manifold.

First to intake cooling then to exhuast manifold.

As you can see I have 66 49 61, is this OK?

Comment

I dont Know what that e.c.u you have goes to. This is a list of all the 215 e.c.u. part numbers I could find.
              1)04 rxp=420-66-49-42
              2)05 rxp=420-66-49-47
              3)06 rxp=420-66-49-46
              The 185 supercharged e.c.u. part numbers
              1)04 185 hp=420-66-45-64
              2)05" "=420-66-54-71
              3)06" "=420-66-45-68

Comment

what about the 03 185hp GTX ecu, what does that look like?

Also why are the first three digits missing?

Comment

When you order the part, you need that number. All the ECUs look the same. they all bolt on the intake man.

Comment

I meant the number not the appearance\

and why are the frist three digits missing?

Comment

The 03 185 supercharged uses ecu #420-66-45-62 if you are to order the ecu from sea-doo you need the 420 number in front of the rest of the number for the part to recognized.

Comment

Naz,

66-49-61 doesn't pull up a part location AT ALL! The Seadoo online parts finder is pretty lax, and you can put in any of the digits of the part # and it will pull up all relevant parts and models.

So, in sumary, I have NO CLUE what ECU you have there..
                        Dan Solie -
                        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)
                        95 xp (faster than the 94)
                        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I just noticed from a picture on ebay that this 66 45 61 number is printed on other ecu's and is NOT the number to identify, the number I need is at the top of the white sticker and did not write that down, I will look again and post this number tonight once I get home. I have been referring to the wrong number, that explains why it's not identifiable with this bogus 61.

Comment

Yes that number is no good, The number for the 05 is 420-66-49-47

Comment

Yes sir, it is 664947, 05 rxp. Now we have that question answered, we still don't understand why it run less rpm than the 03 ecu, must me lack of horsepower. I will take it to seadoo this weekend and have them BUD's the thing.

Comment

OK, I took it to hook up BUDS, service reset MAINT. they saw fuel pump short error (reset that), they saw error for key(reset that). He reprogrammed this 05 ecu to the throttle control and other things with the throttle body, because the manufacture mentioned to do so. I figured that would do it. (btw the errors are for some other ski)

Now, my test run would not go higher than 7050 rpm's and only 62-63 mph.

So after resets and reprogramming for the throttle control, I'm worse!!! I lost 400 rpm's, what is the deal???

The engine did seem smoother then before with this ECU but get this, before the service work and with my 03 ecu, I could start and go, it would run good, but now when I start it and the engine is still a bit cold, it bogs when I throttle it too much, but once the engine is running for about 1 min it's ok. What might be the deal there?

I was also thinking, remember when I was mentioning about this Manifold temperture sensor that the 05 engine didn't fit the harness connector, so I'm using my 03 sensor in this 05 engine, could this be the problem?????????

Comment

Working...
                                X