ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU 185hp vs 215hp

As we all know I'm running on a 185hp ecu with a 215hp motor, I was wondering and would guess what changes I will encounter installing this 215 ecu on my ski, I would expect more fuel, and higher rev limit (maybe 200-300 +) anything else or am I wrong on my guesses? Could ignition timing be one?

Re: ECU 185hp vs 215hp

Yup, fuel maps, R/L and timing and security are the main functions of the ECU. You wouldn't necessarily get more fuel because your ECU has no clue what # injectors you are running, but you will get a different fuel / air mapping setup fuel map. This will probably result in you using more fuel because now the ECU can detect the increased AF of the SC.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

what is the difference in rev limit and what is this security thing changes?

Comment

In your other thread the difference in rev limit has been explained to you to help you determ if it made sence to run a 185 ECU on a 215 hp engine setup. Look back in your other thread and you will find it.
        Also there is a difference between a 2003 185 ECU and for example a 2005 215 ECU in handling your oil pressure signal.
        As you said before your ski runs fine on the 185 ECU from which I think reading all of your posts is a 2003 ECU, the 215 ECU (2005 reading your posts) will give you an oil error since the oil pressure sensor works different for both ECU's.

Comment

so what is needed is an oil pressure sensor that matches the 2003 and one that matches the 2005?

If so then that is not making sense, I am running a 2005 engine (complete) except the ecu, so that means I am running the 2005 oil pressure on the 2003 ecu and it runs great with a 2-3mph gain, no error. I will be putting the 2005 ecu on the complete 2005 engine soon, so no chance for an error which I don't get one now.
          Last edited by nazrin; 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I'll post it for more ref. 185hp ecu has a 7650 rev. limit. The 215hp ecu has a 8200 rev. limit.

That's almost one extra full impeller rotation per tenth of a sec. That should be very noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by nazrin View Post
              I'll post it for more ref. 185hp ecu has a 7650 rev. limit. The 215hp ecu has a 8200 rev. limit.

That's almost one extra full impeller rotation per tenth of a sec. That should be very noticeable.

Only if your boat hits the rev limit (which it shouldn't) would you notice the difference. Now, with a higher R/L, you can start to play with impellers etc and get more out of the boat, but you might suffer in the bottom end dept. or, vice versa..
              Dan Solie -
              94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Naz...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91920
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Thanks, but I just bought one, 05 rxp ecu for $250, I'm waiting for it now.

Comment

sweet! Let us know how she runs now.
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I dont think you will see any error on the oil pressure sensor, the oiling systems are the same and the late model part is the same for early model, the sensors are Not different
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sure, I would of seen this error, running a 05 complete engine with a 03 ecu already. All is good.

Comment

Gray blueish oil sensor and the black oil sensor.

They changed it in 2006 sorry for the confusion, so 2006 and up ECU's will give the error if oil sensors before 2006 are used.

Comment

Skisol, you can't even interchange the 06 ecu with the 05 and back ecu, they are totally different. The 06 and up ecu gets coded to the gauge cluster and runs a complete different wire harness.
                            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, here is the deal, I'm stumped

As I had posted I put in a 50hr 2005 engine in my 2003 GTX and was running my 2003 ecu on the 05 motor, I didn't have the 05 ecu at the time.

I posted my 185hp GTX did a top speed of 65/66 or so, my 05 motor in my GTX with the 03 ecu did a top speed of 67/68 or so.

I just received my 05 ecu and popped it in did a test run and notice my rpm max was about 7500 and only was able to top it out at 65 down wind, did another test run and was only able to top it out at 63.

What is the deal? So I popped in my 03 ecu and did a down wind run and believe it or not I saw the digital flick to 69mph. What is wrong with this 05 ECU, it is rubber stamped 637 1204, I was told it was a 05 RPX ecu

here is what is stamped on it

MSE 3.7 R / A1
                              664 961
                              412.252 001/021
                              FD 20 12 04 0042
                              K02 H02 S02

What do I have????

also this 05 ecu flashes MAINT in the beginning of the boot, will that limit it? AND, AND, I did notice that about at a constant 30mph the engine didn't sound as smooth as the 03 ecu installed.
                              Last edited by nazrin; 05-17-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X