Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1100 wave venture idles good,low rpms bad(bogs or stalls),mid to top end is great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 wave venture idles good,low rpms bad(bogs or stalls),mid to top end is great

i have a 96 Yamaha wave venture w/ 125 hrs on it.i just bought it after it has sat in storage in California for 7 yrs(i bought it from a military person that went away and forgot about it..thank you for your service,veterans)he ran it at a low elev. lake and i am running it at lake mead 2200 elev.it was running great when i bought it but I'm afraid i might have over greased the fly wheel.i pumped 2 oz of marine grease instead of .2 oz.the machine ran fine for a day or two after i lubed it but one day all the sudden it started wanting to die if you apply throttle.if you lightly pump throttle until engine rpms get up a little (approx 10mph) then it is fine.i have high end jets backed out 3/4 turn and low end jets backed out 1 3/8 turn.if i back out low end jets 2 1/2 turns it seems to run fine but that is way past the owners manual setting which is 1 1/8 turns out +or- 1/4 turn.spark plugs still read slightly oil fouled they're wet and black and sometimes light tan.i just replaced check valve and am heading back to lake to see if that helped.old check valve was allowing air to travel both ways with ease.i have put carb settings back to factory specs and now I'm thinking its something in stator/flywheel or even up in electrical box? 1.can grease get in electrical box from flywheel assembly???? 2.should i run it with low end jets out that far??? 3.manual says high end jets are for elevation adjustment and it says to run the screw in to run engine leaner but the low end screws are opposite,right???any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Last edited by john8buckeyes; 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM.

Re: 1100 wave venture idles good,low rpms bad(bogs or stalls),mid to top end is great

Sounds like a carburetor issue to me. If you did not do so yet, those carbs need to be cleaned after sitting for so long. Any gas left in those carbs has turned to glue. You need to completely dissassemble carbs, spray out all jets and any holes/orifices with carb cleaner and follow that with compressed air. If any rubber or plastic diaphrams have become hard or badly wrinkled, you may need rebuild kits. SBT has them.

For stock carb settings, look under Forums, Technical Articles, Stock Carb Settings, to find out what your high and low speed screws should be set at.
    Just tryin' to help out.

I ride: XL800, XL1200 Ltd, FX140

Comment

Re: 1100 wave venture idles good,low rpms bad(bogs or stalls),mid to top end is great

i spent memorial day weekend at sandy cove and i met this couple with my exact ski and they told me to quit using the chevron gas by the lake.i used only 91 octane chevron gas.they said they're jetski doesn't run right on chevron gas.i started filling up at callville bay and it seems my jet ski was running like it did when i bought it.my only issue now is if it sits for a few minutes and you hop back on it and start it up you have to feather the throttle to get it to go at first but once you get it to take off out of the hole your fine to come to a compete stop and then nail it and it takes off great the rest of the ride it is fine until you shut off engine and let it sit for a few minutes then you have to feather the throttle again that first time out of the hole.is this a slight carb adjustment or could it possible be some chevron gas left in tank? i filled up 3 times at lake (callville bay gas) and it seemed to be getting better each fill up.i was also putting in only 87 octane gas at the lake now because that's what manual says.replaceing the check valve could have alot to do with it because i put a new one on before i started my weekend at the lake.thanks for any info

Comment

I have the same problem as you with the bogging down when I gun-it. How do I know what type of check valve to buy?
        1997 - Wave Venture 1100
        The best toy for getting out Kiteboarding

Comment

Working...
        X