No announcement yet.

2007 Cruiser FXHO very slllloooowwwww!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Cruiser FXHO very slllloooowwwww!

Please help! Last year towards the end of the season, I filled it with regular gas. It sat for about two weeks before i rode it. When I did, it started to choke or sputter every few minutes. I thought it was just a tank of bad gas. I rode it to a little less than 1/8 of a tank. It had 24.5 hours on it. I then emptied the tank as best i could and put Sta-bil to treat what little fuel was left. I also, drained the oil and removed the oil filter and sprayed fogging oil in the intakes. I covered it up and put it in the garage on a trickle charger for the winter.
    At the end of April I topped it off with new gas and added a little more Sta-bil to it. On June 27th, I filled it with 10-40 synthetic oil and put a new oil filter on it. I ran it for a few minutes on land, and then I trolled on the water for another 5 minutes or so. When I finally opened it up it wouldn't go more than 8-10 mph. I checked underneath to see if I sucked anything up, and it was clean. It was not in L-Mode either. The warranty expired on that same day. Can it be the gas I put in last season?

Re: 2007 Cruiser FXHO very slllloooowwwww!

Could be a fuel pump failing, fowled spark plugs, overfilled with oil. Start with a new set of spark plugs 1st.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Spark plugs, even with 26 hours on it?

Comment

I just finished changing the plugs like you said. I cant believe how black they were. I hooked up the hose and ran it on land for a while, and it seemed to run smoother. The oil level was a little high as well. I'll take it on the water in a couple of days, and post the results. Thank you for your advice!:)

Comment

I took it to the water yesterday, and it ran beautifully! Thank you for your help.

Comment

Remove the air filter cover and check out the air filter. Unless you put in the exact amount of oil you removed, you may have overfilled as I have done just recently. You are to check the dipstick while the waverunner is floating. If you did, also replace all spark plugs. The air filters run about $105 and spark plugs about $8 per.

Comment

Working...
            X