Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha ls2000 right side engine trouble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha ls2000 right side engine trouble??

I had the boat out this weekend after just replacing the fuel filters (two weeks previous) and the engine would run for a minute, than bog down to about 4000 rpms. I had had it in very big waves at full throttle about 20 minutes before this started and had only a quarter tank of gas, could the setiment in the bottom of the tank sloshed around and clogged my filter? the engine would kick back in every few minutes or so on the way back to the trailer...Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!

Re: Yamaha ls2000 right side engine trouble??

Crap in the tank and or sucking air could cause the problem. ALL YAMAHA jet boats have a design flaw with fuel delivery and this flaw has caused many engine failures, the engine will run lean due to the way air can enter into the fuel system. Go to Group Ks web site and read up on the Yamaha air fuel separator system, Every yamaha jet boat owner should have this set up.
    http://www.groupk.com/sep.htm
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Yamaha ls2000 right side engine trouble??

Would this air stay in the engine and lines for more than a short period of time? because the boat was running this way for a while... I did see that air/ fuel seperator and am definitly investing in that.. I will also look in the filter and definitly change that this weekend. If there was air in the lines would it only affect one engine? Thanks for the feedback, I will hopefully be doing this work on friday night...

Comment

Working...
      X