yahama gp800 flooded engine water in the electric box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yahama gp800 flooded engine water in the electric box

i had my yamaha gp800 year 2000 which is flooded and water gets in electric box since about a week ago am trying to get the engine turn so i can blow the water out through the spark plug but the engine would turn it justy make click noise at the eletric box when i push the start button please i need help how to take the water out beacause the longer water stay in there it can cause more damage

Re: yahama gp800 flooded engine water in the electric box

Do not try to turn engine over with water in it. You will score cylinders or sieze a piston. Either turn whole jet ski upside down, or remove motor and turn it upside down.

The clicking/not starting issue could be so many things - locked up motor, seized starter, bad starter solenoid, bad CDI
    Just tryin' to help out.

I ride: XL800, XL1200 Ltd, FX140

Comment

am going to flip whole ski upside down right now should i spray wd40 in the cyclinder or not

Originally posted by Madfish View Post
      Do not try to turn engine over with water in it. You will score cylinders or sieze a piston. Either turn whole jet ski upside down, or remove motor and turn it upside down.

The clicking/not starting issue could be so many things - locked up motor, seized starter, bad starter solenoid, bad CDI

Comment

i do flip the jet ski but aint no water coming out of it whac can i do now

Originally posted by Madfish View Post

Comment

You may need to remove either the exhaust manifold, or the carbs and reeds, so the liquid/water can get out of engine block. Or, maybe the water did come out, and it just emptied into your hull.
          Just tryin' to help out.

I ride: XL800, XL1200 Ltd, FX140

Comment

i just took the water out but i still cant get no power it just make a click sound at the electric box what can i do

Comment

Check your battery, clicking can be a sign of low voltage, borrow a battery and try it, if it still just clicks, sounds like you should check the starter, leave the plugs out and crank it on it's side with the cylinders on a downword angle, get all the water out you can, put a little oil in the cylinders, put the plugs in and run it, go ride it for half an hour. should be OK. In the future, get the water out RIGHT NOW, never leave it in over night,,,,Good luck,,,tg :)

Comment

i check the starter is good. i put the jump cable to the starter it turn the engine and shut the water out of the cyclinder through the spark plug hole.and put new batteries but still hearing the click sound and it would start any advice i need to strat asap to burn the rest of the water

Comment

Working...
                X