4tec getting water in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4tec getting water in oil

Hose came of going to head causing htemp warning after that oil started turning milky, it passed hydro carven test it te

experince tells me head gasket pulled head can't see any signs. Any ideas ?

Re: 4tec getting water in oil

Head gasket, oil cooler or water pump.. Those are the main areas that your oil and water can mix..

I love it when people pull the head before doing a compression or leak down test.. doing those simple tests would have saved you (possibly) from having to buy a new head gasket and new head bolts..
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

water pump dont see any thing propeller is good, no slack. Where would it leak from
      Last edited by KevinhWhite; 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Through the seals.. The front pump is two pumps in one.. external is water, internal is oil.. separated by just a few seals.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yah i know I went to check compression and relized i didnt have the right size adapter and then forgot about doing it and pulled the head.

have you seen them seals leak behind water pump?
          let give some history here,
          1) gear broke s/c, pulled moter got broken pieces out of f/r oil pump
          2)put back in with an x s/c and rrfpg 42lb injectors, for got to tighten clamp on hose going to head,blew off h temp light cam on prob ran for 3 to 5 min. after this is when all the water in oil started happening.
          3) the are simply motors just bad desighn on s/c and this water issue in oil, have you seen the seals go out in water pump and what do ya look for

Comment

Yes, I have seen the seals go out. We finished a RXP a few months ago where that was the culprit...

We couldn't diagnose it by visual.. It's just one of those things.. Oil cooler checked out, leak down checked out.. So it had to be that...

What probably happened was small peice of your old SC got through (happens) and punched the seal/bearing at that pump.

Another scenario is that when you went high temp, it was high enough to force a steam / boil over through the head gasket into the oil system.

Did you change the oil and filter, get all the water out and try again?? Or it just happened once and you pulled it apart.
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

at first it was just under oil cap and you could see it in the bottom of the oil seporator(milky), and the very top of dipstick, not in the the crank case.that was just oil. but i took the inlet off the s/c and there was milky oil puddled up in the elbow, so i took off the vent hose going to intake and made a catch can and went to the lake to test. it ran ok but when we still milky in same as ares as io metioned before,
              so i hooked up water hose to the back and cranked it up and let it run for 30 mins or so thats when the crank case got milky as hell. i also poured out the catch can and it had water about a cup of water in it and then some milky oil

on changing those seals do have drive the shaft ou on propellor side ?
              Last edited by KevinhWhite; 07-30-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

You have press out the shaft and pry out the seals.. Then re-install.

You should have changed the oil a few times to make sure that it wasn't just a blowby issue that contaminated your oil.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

What if you have oil mixing into your coolant and no water in oil? Anyone have an idea of what it could be ? I already did a leak test and compression, just removed the PTO and looks good. Head gasket maybe ? Idk... any feed back would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X