Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Input,, New Sbt Motor,new Reeds Carbs rebuilt Wont take off What did I do Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Input,, New Sbt Motor,new Reeds Carbs rebuilt Wont take off What did I do Wrong

Hello Guys I just finished installing My new SBT engine in my 97 GP 1200 I installed new reeds and rebuilt the carbs [all from SBT] and set the carbs as stated on this site now the ski starts right up and idles great now I put it in the water and it runs nice and smooth but it wont get out of it's own way very slow coming up on plane and maybe 5000 rpm is top speed Now I've been working on Yamahas for Years [started with a wr500] have installed a couple of engines [SBT Only] I took my time with the carbs and reeds but am not too sure of myself when working on these I did find that the choke was partially closed last night so I made sure they were open ran it and it was still the same. I am feeling I missed something or did something wrong that maybe someone can tell me where to look or a suggestion would be great,, I'm getting depressed and questioning my wrenching Skills and just want to get out and ride

Re: Need Input,, New Sbt Motor,new Reeds Carbs rebuilt Wont take off What did I do Wr

Sounds like you still have fuel issues, reset the choke so that it is wide open when off, Check and see if the fuel inlet and return lines are mixed up, if everything looks good then try to run a fuel line directly from the tank to the carbs and test it, see if the problem goes away.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X