My experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience

My engine was fried and I really didn't want to fix it this year. Only another month or so of riding left. I finally decided I would get an engine from you. I was getting some discrepancies when I measure the shaft for the pto coupler so I called tech support, explained to them my problem and they agreed that it was an 18mm.

I called SBT to place my order. I wish I had got the ladies name because she was very pleasant, almost didn't feel like I was dropping over a grand.

It took 3 days and my new engine shows up. I pull it out of the box and right off the bat I notice that I had the 20mm pto coupler. After calling Tech support twice, they assured me as long as I had the 18mm coupler everything would be fine. The rest of the engine looked identical as my blown one. I take the engine home, go in the basement(which is about 100 degrees) and get read to start putting the new engine together. I put the starter in and then go to put the flywheel on and that is when I noticed a problem. The flywheel will not fit all the way on. There was probably a quarter inch gap. Believe I tried everything looked at it a million times and even tried cursing at it but to no avail it is the wrong engine.

I called SBT and got a hold of a man named Jerry. I explained to him the situation. He said the crank for the one that I just got was different then the crank end for the one with the 20mm coupler. I hope he is right. Well after some discussion he said he would call me back. I thought for sure this would be the last time I heard from him. To my surprise he called me back when he said he would. This is almost unheard of in today's world.:)

Jerry said that he didn't want to put the blame all on me, as he did not want to put the blame on SBT tech support. We agreed to split the responsibility. SBT would ship out the right engine and we would split the shipping cost. What? This is unheard of? another thumbs up for the SBT service.

I have to tell you I was all prepared for a fight and to get pissed off and tell SBT where to put the engine. Instead I wound up hanging up the phone feeling satisfied and excited that my new engine would be here by Wednesday. I just hope it is the right one. lol

I don't like giving free advertisement to companies by putting their stickers on my machine but I am making an exception. I already have plans on where I am putting the two SBT stickers that come with the engine.

Keep up the good work SBT. I will tell everyone who needs parts, or engines for their skis to deal with you guys and gals.

Re: My experience

UPDATE: I got the engine in. I got it to start no problem. Here is where the small problem is. In my haste I never bothered to think about the injection oil and the break in oil. Does SBT realize what all that oil does to spark plugs? It fouls them out faster then you can blink and eye. I know you have done the testing and stuff but IMO that is just way to much oil. I couldn't even finish the break in because I had fouled out to many plugs and killed two batteries trying to start it. I bought some new plugs and charged the batteries. Hopefully I can finish the break in without any more problems.

Comment

Working...
    X