Core Damage Clarification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Damage Clarification?

I'm considering ordering an engine core from SBT, but would like some clarification on what would be considered as damage resulting in an additional charge being made.
    The wording used in the SBT description is "Broken Aluminium" which would for example refer to a hole or crack caused by a broken rod.
    I've also had a look in the faqs posting, but I am still not sure.

The engine which I would be trading in has the following damage.....
    One of the needle roller bearing cages at the lower end of the con rod has broken up. The resulting pieces of cage have taken a trip to the top end, and also to the other cylinder top end (via the exhaust manifold). As a result, the top of both pistons have been "peppered" with dents / cuts from these pieces, and also the insides of the cylinder head domes have been similarly "peppered" with small dents and cuts.

There appears to be no other damage.

Would cylinder head damage like this result in an additional charge?

For the benefit of other people considering buying a core motor from SBT, what other forms of engine damage would be subject to additional charges being made?

Re: Core Damage Clarification?

What you have described is a typical motor failure. There wouldn't be an additional fee for the damages described. A missing head, broken head (think Sea-Doo and a broken water fitting). The pistons are not part of the return so there is no worries there. You can always send in pictures if you are unsure of any particular damages.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

Working...
    X