Piston Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston Problems

Seems i am another victim of the busted piston on the 1100 ZXI. Out riding this past weekend and the motor just shut off. Thought at first it may be something sucked up into the impeller. Well there was some rope tangled around the shaft. After removing rope from impeller shaft, the motor was still seized up. Took off top part of cylinder cover and the middle piston is broken up around top of piston crown, cylinder wall is not scuffed that bad. Its posible that a ring is broken keeping the crank from turning any farther. Anyone else have the same isues with pistons? What is the next step? Break engine completely down or can piston be replaced without motor completely out? Any and all advice will be very appreciative. Where is the best location for replacement parts?

Re: Piston Problems

Pull the engine and remove the cylinders to see what the damage looks like.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Piston Problems

hello all. Well after doing the research and finding a bunch of bad links here i am asking. I have the tools and know how to replace pistons and con-rods but i would like to know if any one has replaced these with the ening in the car? I have done this with the engine out before but, i dont have an engine puller so its really my only option. If so what kind of problems did you encounter? i would be thankfull for any info.

Comment

Working...
      X