Mikuni Needle & Seat Ptoblem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni Needle & Seat Ptoblem?

ordered needle & seat from sbt to install in carbs since i had problem with them after rebuilding. and did not replace during rebuild. recived N&S and started to install and the hold down plate would not fit around the top of seat. so i called sbt tech and after a couple days checking in to it and sending pic of orig. old & new N&S side by side showing the differances and that i had not ordered the wrong parts and tech decided it had been packaged wrong. sent me proper new ones promptly. Thanks shirt size XL

96 speedster twin 717 twin mikuni carbs pump built in mag carb

now installing these n&s in mag carb as i test pop off presure the n&s starts leaking @ 22 psi before pop off @ 26 psi fell to 20 psi and slowly leaks down form there to approx 11 psi. is this a problem? if so what to do?

also pto carb pop off @ 25 psi drop to 20 psi and also seems to be leaking around N&S but slower.
    Thanks

Re: Mikuni Needle & Seat Ptoblem?

Use Wd-40 as the fluid that you spray around the needle and seat area when testing pop-off, Your just checking to see at what point the needle is totally open from the seat. When there is no fuel pressure, the seat should be seated lightly.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X