96 GSX starter issues/ electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GSX starter issues/ electrical problem

The starter just click or hits hard but doesn't turn the motor over. Is the starter bad and just need rebuilt? What to do when you plug in info gauge it just blows the fuse, when i try to start the ski it blows the 5 amp fuse now too, could that be a bad mpem? Thanks chris

Re: 96 GSX starter issues/ electrical problem

Starter first:
    can you spin the motor by HAND? If so, then either your starter solenoid, starter or you have a weak ground.

5-amp.. Either the MPEM is toast, or you have dropped your trigger in the mag cover, causing a short... If the trigger is jammed in the flywheel, then that might be causing yout first problem too!
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yes the motor does turn by hand. It looks like the jet ski took on water because when i took off the vts housing it had water in it too. How can I tell if it the mag or the mpem? thanks chris

Comment

Take off the front cover...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X