idle problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle problem...

02' polaris virage 700... cleaned carb, replaced diaphrams, fuel lines, valve, checked tank, checked for sheared flywheel key, and air leaks the best I could...the problem is it will not idle. get it running and as long as you keep pumping throttle it will run although sometimes over rev itself[kinda run by itself]..but will not idle or run off the low side...seems to have vaccum on the pulse line,and there seems to be no restriction from the tank,...any idea....

Re: idle problem...

seems to run fine and idle ok if I keep my hand over top of carb to choke it, everything in the furl system seems to be ok, no resti=rictions that I ca tell,....air leak??..sprayed some carb cleaner around rear seal and intake and no change if engine running/noise, I know thats not the best way to check but though it might give me a place to start, anyone had this problem before?

Comment

replaced crank seals front and rear and no change in problem...just seems to be fuel related... gettting fuel to carb, and had carb apart several times everything looks great,...maybe it has a crack in it that I can't see....ummm, anyone have any ideas???????

Comment

Your problem is the front crank seal is bad. Pull the flywheel, stator and front housing to replace the seal and your problem will go away.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X