Need dimensions for motor align shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need dimensions for motor align shaft

We aquired a pump through recent failure of plastic veins....I have drive axle shaft material to turn on a lathe, need dimensions of shaft for the "minor" diameter at the front, diameter for pass through pump brgs and length. I will supply fax # to whoever can draw up the shaft with appropriate measures. Currently using 93 GT_ and 95 GTX.

EDIT for my poor spelling habits......

[ August 12, 2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: CaptToyota ]
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Measure your impellor shaft diameter and cut your shaft to that measurment. Then cut the last 3 inches to the inside diameter of your pto.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

now I know how it's done....

[ August 13, 2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: SP ]

Comment

heres a picture on the end

Comment

What is the od of the end there for the PTO? Are you using the brgs in the pump hsg for guide, or did you sleeve the pump to accept the shaft as pictured there.
          As Bill states, I need to get fater in-laws prop tool and see if I can obtain a "minor diameter" for the PTO end, and decide what to do at the pump, sleeve it or use brgs for shaft support.

Is the "DOO" tool applicable to all models?
          ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

If you can me at work today, I'll measure my alignment shaft.

Yes the Sea Doo alignment tool is good for all models if you buy the long shaft and both size pump adapter plates.

The newer style alignment tool is 2 flat aluminum plates with a tube bolted in the center with bushings inside of it, It is not a pump housing type tool. The differnt plates are for 140mm pumps and 155mm pumps. The center alignment tube can be bolted to either plate, the long rod reaches further for the longer distant to reach the pto's in different models of Sea Doo's.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
            X