95 slt 750 will not idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 slt 750 will not idle

I moved a motor from a 95 sl750 to a 95 slt750. Motor will start with choke pulled but will not stay running very long. I replaced all the fuel screens in each carb and cleaned them pretty good. I did not set nor check the high or low screws. Motor will restart every time when I pull the choke but cuts a couple of seconds after pushed it back in. Any ideas?

Re: 95 slt 750 will not idle

sounds like na fuel issue still

double check you fuel pump lines just to make sure fuel in / returns are not crossed as well as the pulse line .

2 check all fuel line connections from tank thru petcock to pump if any of the delivery line connections are loose its possible for the pump to beable to draw enough fuel for starts but not be able to keep up the demand due to it will draw air into the line , also with the gas cap of check to make sure the fuel flow thru the petcock isnt restricted ive seen petcock get a blockage in them you can blow compressed air into the fuel feed line on the carb side blowing backwards into the tank but you must have the gas cap loose or you will pressurize the tank and once you take the air line out it will blow back at ya.

if you still have the problem i suspect its still dirty carbs and or bad parts

3 dissaseble carbs bothe sides you can leave the jets abd fuel screws in place rebuild using kits sbt has them or parts unlimited either ones work when you clean them / blow cleaner thru the carb circuts the problem one that every on misses is properly cleaning the pilot circuit its the small jet when you blow cleaner thru this jet you neerd to have the carbs positioned so that your looking down into the base side of the carb / the throttle plate side use somthing to prop ther throttle plates open when you spray the cleaner into that jet you should see spray coming thru 4 holes spraying towards the opened throttle plate ..

the holes work like this the first hole you can see with the throttle plate closed or open is the part of the idle circuit its a little larger and the fuel is drawn thru this hole when the throttle isnt depressed

the next 3 holes can be seen when you open the trottle fuel is draw thru these in conjuction with the 1st hole based on air being pulled by them as you open the trottle during operation if any of these are block you can get problem such as yours

ps blow thru the pilot a few times sometimes depending on the angle of the carb cleraner straw it can appear as only 2 are working and the others have blockage do a couple tests end result is both carbs should be fairly close to the eye seeing spray thru all holes .

also the diaphrams the large rubber discs if the are hard or dry rotted or swelled up it can be those but kits come with them

if you need any further assistance on rebuilding if it comes to that let me know otherwise hopfully you find the problem with one of the first 2 tips good luck
    joe D Mst Motorsports www.mstmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
    X