2002 Honda f-12 problem. Need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Honda f-12 problem. Need help...

Hi, I just bought a 2002 Honda F-12 with 132 hours. The ski was running great while on the water for a quick test run. After about 10 minutes of run time. The ski quit, and as I went to check it out, I noticed the ski was sinking. The plugs were in...... I know, I was thinking the same as you guys. Anyway, we were able to tow it in to get it on a drydock. Thank GOD! Anyway, I pulled the drain plugs and it was rather full of water in the hull. I don't know how, or why this thing would or how it could fill with water while being ran.

As I stated, I need any help with as to why it would fill with water? While running up the lake at 40mph? Thanks!

Re: 2002 Honda f-12 problem. Need help...

I would strap the ski to the trailer Back it in the water at a boat launch site preferably one that's not very busy You should inspect the engine while off and then while idling dont rev it to much as you risk sucking up rocks . Make sure to check around the drive shaft area and all hoses going to the motor and threw the hull . It could be a simple broken hose clamp or blown water line . If you dont find anything you may want to take it to your local Honda dealer. james
    ** Is your engine core wasted send me a pm I may have the core you need to send to SBT **

Comment

Well, I got the Honda home and all the water drained out of the hull. Put the battery on charge and tried to start it. It wouldn't turn over. Just clicked or made a "clunk" noise. I checked th oil the day it quit and it didn't seem to have water in there. Do any of you have a idea on what might be wrong? Could the water got inside of the motor? Or maybe short out something electronic? I'm lost on what to do, I carried it to a friend who works on boats. He said that he would check into it. But he doesn't have all the electronics to test it. Could you all help?

Comment

At this point your best bet would be to get it to your dealer or local qualified jet ski repair shop as soon as you can. It sounds like you might have water in the oil . I would also pull all the spark plugs and see if the motor will turn over dont do this inside if there is water in the cylinders it will easily hit the roof of your garage . james
        ** Is your engine core wasted send me a pm I may have the core you need to send to SBT **

Comment

Working...
        X