Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 ultra 150: reset button??? fuses???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 ultra 150: reset button??? fuses???

Hello all, I haven't been to this forum for quite a few months (f****ng) stroke at age 46!!!) aside from that, I have a 2005 ultra 150, bought in 2006 from the dealer, old stock from previous year etc. It has always run/started just fine, no problems, last time it was used in fresh water I still flushed it out etc. removed the battery, and this was about a year ago, maybe a few months more. Anyway, yesterday I put a new, fullty charged battery in it, turned on the "key"---dead, no display,no nothing like there was no battery! all battery connections, electrical "box" connections are good, when I bypass the solenoid (I removed the box containing the solenoid), the started engages, so that's okay, but there is just no electrical power to anything, with the key on, dead man thingie on, just no display, no trim adjust, just plain dead! Is there such a thing as a fuse(s) somewhere on this thing? something to "reset"? I won't be going to the dealer with it (they are jerks), and I am fairly mechanical/electrical minded (this stroke I had was very minor, thank god) so I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on this matter. Again, never any problems with it previously, and it was parked in the garage, covered up at that!

Thanks to you all for taking the time to share your knowledge!

-DDAYMEN

Re: 2005 ultra 150: reset button??? fuses???

That is a strange problem . I have owned several ultra 150s and i know my way around the machine fairly well. There is a module on the hull support above the gas tank it controls the trim and a part of the ignition system . I have several requsts for this module in the past few years all with this same complaint . Here is the part # 21175 CONTROL UNIT, ELECTRONIC, TRIM. Its not a cheep module most people dont even know its there in tell they have a problem . I Know you said you inspected your battery connections but i would inspect every square inch of the wire harness Mice tend to get in the smallest crevices to nest and they love chewing the wire harness . The only reason i bring this up is because you mentioned the ski has been sitting a while you may not even have mice but i would still check. As for fuses I beleave they have 2 relay switches towards the back of the ski in the wire harness yours may be different being that new . The newest ultra 150 I have owned 2002. James
    ** Is your engine core wasted send me a pm I may have the core you need to send to SBT **

Comment

Well, I located where the fuses are, 1 10 amp and 1 20 amp, the 10 amp was blown, so I replaced it and everything is okay! Don't know why it was blown, unless I did something hooking up the battery. Several months ago I hooked up a car battery to it,because the jet ski's battery was bad, and I might have accidentally shorted the cables or something, I seem to remember something about that,(remember, I was recovering from a small stroke!) anyway it is all back together, I squirted some two cycle oil into the cylinders to lube them up since it hasn't run in over a year, it turned over okay, now I'm about to pop in some new plugs, fresh fuel, (i had drained the tank before), and hopefully it will start up!

Will post what happens in a little while.

Thanks so much for you help!

-DDAYMEN

Comment

Well, it started up! made a whole lot of smoke for a few minutes, I guess there was some 2 cycle oil in the cylinders, maybe the injector pump was bleeding a little out from sitting for so long? 'cause at first it seemed like the engine was locked, I took out the plugs and turned it over for a few and a lot of oil blew out of the cylinders! after that stopped I put the plugs back in and started it up, then the smoke for a while, now no more smoke. I don't really like running it off of the water hose for long, so I'm going to drive out to the river, back it in and then run it for a while.

I sure hope this is all that it needed, I also put in premium fuel, and some lucas fuel system treatment.

Will post with results!

Thanks again,

-DDAYMEN

Comment

Looks like it was just a matter of too much oil inside the engine/cylinders. I took it out to Packery channel, put it in the water and it cranked right up!
          It ran rough for a little while, but then cleared out and good to go! I appreciate the help on this a whole lot!

Oh yeah, the battery that it uses is a 12 volt 18 ah sealed battery, the ones from the dealer don't last for anything, so I installed a battery I got from the bio-med guys at work, it is a 12 volt, 17 ah sealed battery, basically the same thing I guess, but while I was running the ski, the battery symbol was on and a red problem light was flashing! I hope it was because the battery got run down to almost flat while I was cranking, but then the ski started up.

Could this be due to the battery being really low and drawing a full charge from the ski?? I guess I could always check what the ski is putting out for charging, hope to hell it ain't a bad alternator, don't see how it would have gone bad.

Thanks again,
          -DDAYMEN

Comment

Where exactly were the fuses located?

Comment

Working...
            X